And on September 9 of this year, I quietly celebrated my 6th year of running this blog.
It's been kind of crazy, of course, to admit that after six years not only am I still blogging but I haven't even shown a picture of myself or told you guys my real name. And this is where I want to change things up! I want you guys to know me, Akchita, and feel as though you don't really know who's writing the reviews or discussion posts.
So here are some things about ME!
- My real name is Akchita and it is of Indian origins (I'm Indian ethnically).
- It means eyes
- I am 19 years old!
- I've lived most of my life in the Southeast US but don't consider myself a southerner. I lived in Atlanta for 8 years and even though it's a southern city, there's a difference!
- I can speak English and Hindi fluently. Even though I learned to speak Hindi and English at about the same time, I consider Hindi my first language.
- I've been reading from a very young age but it wasn't until I was six that I began to read regularly.
- I have an obsession with chocolate.
- I hope to go to law school in the next few years! Actually two and a half but I want to make it sound like I have more time.
- I OFTEN TALK IN ALL CAPS. I think you'll be seeing that a lot.
- I say "guys" instead of "y'all" but I'm starting to catch onto it.
- I have an insane amount of wanderlust and I want to visit all countries in Europe, and visit various countries in Asia and Africa but have no desire to visit South America or the Latin American countries.
- I LOVE TV. But I tend to get obsessed with the shows I watch. For example, I watched all of The Mindy Project in like two days. (By the way, I LIVE by my DVR. It is the best thing in the whole world.)