Saturday, September 26, 2009

Review: City of Bones: The Mortal Instruments: Book One by Cassanddra Clare


Title: City of Bones: The Mortal Instruments: Book One
Author: Cassandra Clare
Publisher: McElderry
Publication Date: February 19,2008

Summary: 
Their hidden world is about to be revealed....When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder -- much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Clary knows she should call the police, but it's hard to explain a murder when the body disappears into thin air and the murderers are invisible to everyone but Clary.Equally startled by her ability to see them, the murderers explain themselves as Shadowhunters: a secret tribe of warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. Within twenty-four hours, Clary's mother disappears and Clary herself is almost killed by a grotesque demon.
But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....
Review:
My friend actually was the one who recommended this book to me and am I ever glad she did. This book is simply amazing! I loved it from the beginning to the end. At the end I had to get the second book and read it as well.
This book caught my attention from the beginning of the story, even from the first chapter. And all the chapters were page turners. The amount of suspense in the book was also a big reason I kept on reading it.
The plot was just amazing, as was just about everything else in this book. The numbers of surprises in the book also helped the plot move forward and continue with the story. The plot was a little fast paced, I’ll admit, but I think it went well with the story. The characters were good but a little edgy in the beginning but it was all fixed up.
All in all I think Cassandra Clare did an amazing job of bringing readers into the world of the Shadowhunters and the Mortal Instruments. Kudos Ms. Clare.
I defiantly recommend this book to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS