Saturday, November 14, 2009

Review: Vampire Academy: Book 1 by Richelle Mead

Lissa Dragomir is a Moroi princess: a mortal vampire with an unbreakable bond to the earth's magic. She must be protected at all times from Strigoi; the fiercest and most dangerous vampires--the ones who never die.


The powerful blend of human and vampire blood that flows through Rose Hathaway, Lissa's best friend, makes her a Dhampir. Rose is dedicated to a dangerous life of protecting Lissa from the Strigoi, who are hell-bent on making her one of them.

After two years of illicit freedom, Rose and Lissa are caught and dragged back to St. Vladimir's Academy, hidden in the deep forests of Montana. Rose will continue her Dhampir education. Lissa will go back to being Queen of the elite Moroi social scene. And both girls will resume breaking hearts.

Fear made Lissa and Rose run away form St. Vladimir's--inside the Academy's iron gates, their world is even more fraught with danger. Here, the cutthroat ranks of the Moroi perform unspeakable rituals and their secretive nature and love of the night creates and enigmatic world full of social complexities. Rose and Lissa must navigate thorough this dangerous world, confront the temptation of forbidden romance, and never once let their guard down, lest the Strigoi make Lissa one of them forever...

REVIEW:
These days, there are more and more books about vampires than ever before. The Vampire Kisses and Vampire Diaries. And so many more books about one topic: Vampires. When I first saw this book, I didn't know what to think of it. Another book that has to do with vampires? I think I'll read it later. Way later.

When I told my friend this, she told me I should read this book ASAP. She said it was a great book and one that I should read. And well, I listented to her and read this book. And I have to say that I'm glad I read it.

Vampire Academy, a series by Richelle Mead is a refreshing read into the world of Vampires. She takes ever thing we love: romance, action, danger, vampires and put it together with a Romanian folklore to create yet another juicy read for us YA lovers.

I love the begging, middle, and end to this book one and I just loved the setting and characters. Rose is deferentially one character everyone will want to know more about after the end of this book and Lissa will touch our hearts. Not to mention Demetri, of course.

Ms. Mead put in all the things to love to create this new world. Vampires are we knew them will never be the same again.

All in all I think everyone who loved the Twilight Saga, Vampire Kisses, and the Vampire Diaries should read this. Even if you don't like any of the above mentioned books, read this book. It is a great read and opens new doors and changes our perspectives of our view of Vampires. A definite must read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS