Saturday, January 09, 2010

Review: The Chronicles of Vladmir Tod: Book Two: Ninth Grade Slays by Heather Brewer

Title: Ninth Grade Slays
Author: Heather Brewer
Series: The Chronicles of Vladmir Tod
Book #: 2

Summary:High school totally bites when you're half human, half vampire.

Freshman year sucks for Vlad Tod. Bullies still harass him. The photographer from the school newspaper is tailing him. And failing his studies could be deadly. A trip to Siberia gives "study abroad" a whole new meaning as Vlad connects with other vampires and advances his mind-control abilities, but will he return home with the skills to recognize a vampire slayer when he sees one? In this thrilling sequel to Eighth Grade Bites, Vlad must confront the secrets of the past and battle forces that once again threaten his life.

Review: *SIGH* The second book of the series. After EIGHT GRADE BITES I had been waiting for this book, hoping that the series would get more interesting and better. It did get somewhat better but not completely.
This book brought back Vlad the main protagonist. We also learn more about Henry and Aunt Nellie and Uncle Otis. Vlad's relationship with Meridith gets better. A new character is introduced and he's a bit sketchy.

I have to admit the first chapter was very good. It made me want to turn the page and made me want to know more. I was, as with the first book, a bit disappointed. Though the plot for this book was just as good as the first one, there were things missing or some things didn't make sence at all.

When Vlad goes to Russia the time he spends there is interesting. We learn more about Vlad' father and Vlad's powers and all but once again I think the ending was rushed. The Vampire Slayer being Henry's cousin was ironic and I found it funny that a Vampire Slayer could not spot a vampire that was right in front of him. Why is it that so many books have this concept?

But I did like this book, don't get me wrong. The ending, though rushed, was a good one and I think it fit the book well. It also left me hanging and as always wanting more.

I do hope the third book is better.

Grade: Go to fullsize image I can't give this book any more stars.

Cover: A- ~It looked like the color was changed, the picture was zoomed in and that's all. It looked too much like the first book cover.

Overall: I liked this book and if you've read the first book, I think you should read this one.

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS