Saturday, January 09, 2010

Never Cry Werewolf by Heather Davis

Title: Never Cry Werewolf
Author: Heather Davis

Summary:"Moonlight can totally change your life.
And it all starts so simply.
You. Him. The moon. You’re toast."

Okay, so maybe Shelby has made a few mistakes with boys lately (how was she supposed to know Wes had “borrowed” that Porsche?). But her step-mother totally overreacts when she catches Shelby in a post-curfew kiss with a hot senior. Suddenly Shelby’s summer plans are on the shelf, and she’s being packed off to brat camp. It’s good-bye, prom dress; hello, hiking boots.

Things start looking up, though, when Shelby meets fellow camper (and son of a rock star) Austin Bridges, III. But soon she realizes there’s more to Austin than crush material—his family has a dark secret, and he wants Shelby’s help guarding it. Shelby knows that she really shouldn’t be getting tangled up with another bad boy…but who is she to turn her back on a guy in need, especially such a good looking one? One thing’s for sure, that pesky full moon is about to get her into trouble all over again.


Review: Wow. Just wow. And it's not a good WOW either. I had such high expectations for this book and I have no shame in saying that I am very, very disappointed.

Shelby was unbelievable. I couldn't believe that she was supposed to be a teenager. She didn't sound like one nor did she act like one. Her dialogue was....just not right and to me a lot of it was unnecessary and didn't fit with the rest of the book. The plot was terrible. One second we're on Shelby's front porch and the next we're in the woods with strangers. The transaction from one scene to another was not well written and rather confusing.

I would have just thrown the book at the wall (like I wanted to) but I decided to give it a chance. I kept forcing myself to read on and on with the story but I just couldn't. The camp? It was just plain annoying but there were some aspects that I liked. The romance between Shelby and Austin was just plain weired. He's the son of a rock star and she's a girl who wants a guy....

I think this is all I am going to say.

Grade: Must I do this? Oh, alright.....Go to fullsize image

Cover: A+ I love the cover. It looks amainzing. I love the girl with the red hood and the foggy background. The bare trees and the moon make it just look so amazing and mysterious.

Overall:
The cover art is just plain wonderful. If only the book were as good I would recomend it to someone....but I just can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS