Saturday, February 13, 2010

Review: Airhead by Meg Cabot


It's what's outside that matters...
*SPOILER ALERT*

Summary:
No one cares what’s inside.
EM WATTS IS GONE.
Emerson Watts didn’t even want to go to the new SoHo Stark Megastore grand opening. But someone needed to look out for her sister Frida, whose crush, British heartthrob Gabriel Luna, would be singing and signing autographs there—along with the newly appointed Face of Stark, teen supermodel sensation Nikki Howard.

How was Em to know that disaster would strike, changing her—and life as she’d known it—forever? One devastating accident later, and Em Watts, always the tomboy, never the party princess, is no longer herself. Literally.

Now getting her best friend Christopher to notice that she’s actually a girl is the least of Em’s problems.

But what Em’s pretty sure she’ll never be able to accept might just turn out to be the one thing that’s going to make her dream come true….

NIKKI HOWARD IS HERE TO STAY
It’s what’s outside that matters.

Review: You know when I said I loved Meg Cabot's work? Well, she made me love her work even more when I finished Airhead. This book was an amazing fun read and I'm so glad I found it!

Emerson Watts is your typical nerd. She loves playing sports, video games and hanging out with her best friend, Christopher. Nikki Howard is the IT girl. The one girl everyone wants to know and the girl all the guys want to date. The book began exactly as I had thought: Em and Christopher are the class "nerds" and the "popular" kids hate them and make fun of them. Em and Christopher banding together against all the others. What I didn't expect was for Em and Nikki Howard to meet, die and for Em to have a brain transplant. Only Meg Cabot could pull of a story line like this.

So then Em wakes up in the hospital, in a supermodel's body, living a supermodel's life, having a supermodel's friends. And not just any supermodel, but THE supermodel: Nikki Howard. Now Em has to journey into the rough but exclusive life of one of the biggest supermodel's out there. Nikki Howard aka Em is also the face of Stark Enterprises.

I loved the language, the plot and the characters. I do wished there was more of Christopher. Brandon Stark and Lulu Collins and even Em's sister Freida became really annoying to me during the book but I warmed up to them. I felt really bad for Em. The one thing she didn't need or want was to have her brain placed into the body of a dead supermodel. Because of the surgery that saved Em's (and Nikki's) life, Em must now change her view on things. She has be accept Nikki as a person and less of an "airhead". As the story progresses, more characters are introduced and more problems arise, some which are going to be solved in the sequel or in future books.

There were somethings that I didn't like about this book: (1) some of the writing was too much. I found myself getting bored. I know this isn't something you expect from a book like this, but I thought there was a lot of things in this book that could have other wise been cut out. (2) There were some parts of this book where I was having a hard time understating what was going on, who was involved, and where the characters were. (3) There were a lot of dialogue that I didn't quiet agree with. I don't live in NY but I'm sure teenagers all over the US don't talk like some of the teenagers in the book. They weren't bad or anything, just unbelievable, something a teen wouldn't say.

Grade: Go to fullsize image I really liked it. This was a good book but I just couldn't give it a perfect 5. Some things just weren't as good as others!

Cover: A+ I love this cover (and the back picture also!)! It goes well with the story line and the characters and fits the mood of the book exactly!

Overall: Em's witty character will keep readers in tuned with the book. I recommend this to all Meg's fans and others who just want a good enough read!

The back cover picture! I love this one! And what is says: No one cares what's inside

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS