Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Trailer Review Tuesday (1)

Lately my friends and I have been talking a lot about comming up movies and their trailers. We talk about what we like in the trailers and what we don't like. Do we think the movie is going to be good or bad? All based on trailer's we've seen.

So I've decided to come up with "Trailer Review Tuesday". Every Tuesday I'm going to review trailer(s) of movie(s) coming out in that month or near that date. For example, I'm going to do a trailer review on "Dear John." Dear John just happens to come out this Friday. So basically, the movie is going to be coming out soon after the review!

DEAR JOHN
Synopsis:
"Dear John" tells the story of John Tyree (Channing Tatum), a young soldier home on leave, and Savannah Curtis (Amanda Seyfried), the idealistic college student he falls in love with during her spring vacation. Over the next seven tumultuous years, the couple is separated by John’s increasingly dangerous deployments. While meeting only sporadically, they stay in touch by sending a continuous stream of love letters overseas--correspondence that eventually triggers fateful consequences.
THE TRAILER

*******
Trailer Review:
I read the book by Nicolas Sparks and I loved it. I think the movie is going to be just as good but since it's a movie, there are going to be some differences! First, I think Channing Tatum is going to be a perfect John. I love him in the trailer and he's a really good actor. I had a hard time and I still do, picturing Amanda Seyfried as Savannah. I didn't really expect her to look different and well, act different. I'm not convinced that Amanda did a good job with Savannah from the looks of the trailer but I am more than ready to be proven wrong! I can see Tim in the trailer and he looks very old and unattractive. In the book he's older than Savannah but not that much. Plus he has a beard and that makes him look even less attractive. We don't see much more of him in the trailer. The letters sound really sweet and I can't wait to "hear" them. The music, the scenes, everything looks really good. One movie I know I can't wait to see!

Release date: Friday February 12, 2010

* I've never seen this Meme being used on any blogs in the blogosphere so I am claiming credit for it. If there is such a meme, please tell me so I can give credit to the rightful starter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS