Monday, March 15, 2010

Author Appreciation Week Post 1


Author Appreciation Week is hosted by Heidi Kling, author of the upcoming novel, Sea!

I think this was a great idea of Heidi’s and so I’ve decided I will do two authors a day for this whole week, giving me a total of ten wonderful authors for me to tell you about. They are in no particular order nor are they in the order of which I think is better. There is no “this author is better than that one.”

So today I have:

Cassandra Clare

Why I Like Her Writing:
I was at the library in school during English class getting a book to read. I couldn’t find something good to read so my friend handed me The City of Bones. The cover looked really good to me but I was hesitant in picking it. After ten minutes, my friend convinced me to check it out. I did and I began reading it that night. I finished it the next morning and no later had I finished the first book; I had read all three books within that week.
Those books, to say the least, were amazing. Cassandra Clare knows how to make an Urban Fantasy come alive. Her way of writing is amazing and the characters she comes out with are lovable and realistic and just plain wonderful. I was sucked into the world of Jace and Clary and I didn’t want to leave. I’ve read many Urban Fantasy books before but this book was different. I could tell that all this was Cassandra’s and no one else’s. She made her own world, her own characters, her own plot, etc. and was kind enough to share her writing abilities with the rest of us.

Books by Cassandra:


Up Coming Releases:

Clockwork Angel (Infernal Devices #1) [Release Date: Aug. 31, 2010]
City of Fallen Angels (Mortal Instruments #4) [Release Date:March 31st, 2011]

Where to find her:

AND NOW:

Kristin Cashore

Why I Like Her Writing:
After such hype about her book, Graceling, I got it from the library on Friday and began reading it yesterday and I finished it today. That has to tell you something. Graceling kept to on my toes and every time I had to shut the book, I wondered what was going to happen next until I re-opened the book.
Kristin Cashore can write a book that makes it almost impossible to stop reading. She creatures wonderful, fun characters to read about. She can write action scenes but put in some humor and even romance balancing it out. Her plots are well written and don’t leave you wondering what’s happening but rather what’s going to happen. Her books are a great read and her achracters are ones you will come to love and care about.

Books by Kristin:

Up Coming Releases:

Where to Find Her:

1 comment:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS