Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Author Appreciation Week Post 3


So today I have:

Sarah Dessen

Why I Like Her Writing:
She’s one of the first YA writers I’ve read that I liked since I got into middle school. Her way of telling a story is unique and different and refreshing. Her characters are well written and tend to be very well developed. The topics she chooses to write about are the topics that so many of us teens are familiar with/ or have seen it: Teen Pregnancy; Obesity; Abusive Boyfriends; Teen Rape; Not Fitting in; and Acceptance, plus so many more topics. Her stories are emotional and touching and just plain great.

Books by Sarah:

Up Coming Releases:
None at the moment

Where to find her:


AND NOW:

Rick Riordan
Rick Riordan


Why I Like His Writing:
I was never the biggest fan of Greek Myth simply because it was so hard to understand who was who and who did what. When I first started Rick's Percy Jackson series, I thought I was going to hate it. But I loved it! The characters were simply brilliant, funny and original. I loved Percy and all the problems he had to face. The stories were intriguing and wonderful and I just didn't want to put his books down. The one think about him is his way of taking such complicated topics (Greek Mythology) and writing about them in a way we all can understand them and know who's who and what's what. Now I love Greek Myth like never before!

Books by Rick:

Up Coming Releases:

Where to Find Him:

1 comment:

  1. I love both of these authors. Great post! I can't wait to read The Red Pyramid.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS