Thursday, March 04, 2010

Review: Catching Fire (Hunger Games #2) by Suzanne Collins

Summary:Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

Review: Well, the second book is done! I'm happy I read it and then I'm sad. Happy because I finally found out what happens next in the story and sad because I have to wait so long for the third book!

Catching Fire did not disappoint, as a lot of second books tend to do. Though I felt there was a lot of repetition in this book from the first book, I guess a lot of it was needed to keep the plot and story going.

I loved the characters so much in this book! There were a lot of surprises and a lot of places where I felt bad for a lot of them. Personally, I liked the first book better, but this was just about as good. There were times when I thought that a lot of stuff was not needed, but it didn't stop me from continuing. This book, the series for that matter, is one that will keep your eyes glued to the page not matter what. I guarantee, you're going to want to know what happens next to the characters, as well in the Hunger games.

After reading this book, I sat through my day thinking a lot about it. I just couldn't get all the details out! Honestly, the characters seemed to be coming out of the book! And that is a good thing!

Now, I'm not so sure who's team I'm on but I think I'm veering towards Peeta. In the first two book, we've seen so much of Peeta and so little of Gale. Peeta, in my opinion, really does love Katniss and he seems to understand her. More than Gale, actually. And a huge part of this is due to the fact that Peeta and Katniss have been together in two Hunger Games. Gale is probably unable to understand how Katniss feels about it, even though they have been friends for so long. I think no matter what happens, Peeta and Katniss will share a bond that Gale will never be able to share with Katniss.

The ending? A complete and total cliffhanger. Now I really want Mockingjay to come out. How am I going to wait 173 more days?

Grade: Go to fullsize image I loved it, though I felt there was some repetition and some details were unnecessary.

Cover: A+, though the cover looks a lot like the first one, it's different. I like this cover because I think it gives a sign that there's something different happening in this book than

Overall: A great book that everyone should read. Read The Hunger Games first, though.

3 comments:

  1. Hi from The Saturday Network! Great review! I loved it too, and I can see what you mean about the unnecessary details. I'm not sure which team either, but I'm also leaning toward Peeta...I guess we won't know until August! Ugh :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty much the same way I felt about the book. I really enjoyed it, but I thought a few parts were a bit repetitive. Can't wait for Mockingjay! :) Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for Mockingjay either! I'm wearing my HG t shirt that says "Down With the Capitol" right now!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS