Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Review: Jessica's Guide to Dating On the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

Summary:The undead can really screw up your senior year ...

Marrying a vampire definitely doesn’t fit into Jessica Packwood’s senior year “get-a-life” plan. But then a bizarre (and incredibly hot) new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu shows up, claiming that Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth—and he’s her long-lost fianc√©. Armed with newfound confidence and a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire’s Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions, Jessica makes a dramatic transition from average American teenager to glam European vampire princess. But when a devious cheerleader sets her sights on Lucius, Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global vampire war—and save Lucius’s soul from eternal destruction.



Review: Another story on vampires. But of course, with an interesting twist, which I was glad for. It wasn't the usual, girl meets vampire, girl and vampire fall in love. This one is Princess Vampire Girl meets Prince Vampire Fiancee. Interesting, no?The book began off with an eerie chapter but got more interesting when farm girl Jessica Packwood finds out she's a Romanian Vampire Princess and she has a long lost fiancee. The two have been engaged since they were born.

Jessica is a fun character. She's witty, stubborn and smart. She's also very independent and strong willed. But she can also get very annoying and just plain stupid at some times, but it goes with the book. Overall, Jessica was a good character. Lucius might be the totally sexy vampire but it took me forever to like him. I'd like him then hate him then like him again. I have to admit that he was a gentlemen and it was obvious he was in love with Jessica. He also had me laughing and shaking my head when he talked about the American culture. But Lucius was too "moody" throughout the book and it got annoying after a while. In the ending, I'd hoped he'd change but no.

The chemistry between Jessica and Lucius was great and well written. It made you want more. The plot for this book was good but could have been better. There should have been more dialogue than all the descriptions. They were long and sometimes boring and unnecessary.

Grade:Go to fullsize image.5 I liked it. Could have been better.

Cover: C, I like the cover to an extent. It looks dark and mysterious and I love the fangs on the guy but it honestly didn't catch my attention. The synopsis did but I see the cover of a book first and it should be a good cover. This wasn't the best.

Overall: It's a good book with humor, romance, action. It's got a little bit of everything. I'd recommend it to the vampires loves and someone who wants something to read.

1 comment:

  1. Once again a great review! This book sounds interesting and I think I might have to read it now :D

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS