Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Book Cover: Iron Daughter and Winter's Passage by Julie Kagawa

Ok so if you don't already know, The Iron King by Julie Kagawa is book one is The Iron Fey Trilogy.

Here's the cover of Book 1, The Iron King:


And here are the newest covers:

Book 2, The Iron Daughter:


The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey, Book 2)
Julie Kagawa
August 1, 2010

An Iron Fey Novella, Winter's Passage:

Winter's Passage (An Iron Fey Novella)
Julie Kagawa
June 1, 2010

Iron Daughter: So what do you think? I think this cover is very beautiful...but there's just something about it. I think it's because both this book and The Iron King have a girl on the cover and their expressions are somewhat similar. Where as, The Iron King's cover is phenomenal, I'm not sure I could say the same for this one. The colors and the font and the designs are great but I don't particularly like the way the model is facing. I had hoped for something much different form the first book, so I guess I am a little dissapointed.

Winter's Passage: As I have not read The Iron King (I know! It's crazy isn't it?) I'm not sure why there is a wolf on the cover but I'm sure it has something to do with the novella. I love this cover. I like how we only see the wolf's eyes so it gives a lot of mysteriousness to the cover. The color blend is well done, as well. The forest scene in the background and the snow (for what it looks like) add a great touch to this cover.

Go HERE to see Julie's post!

1 comment:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS