Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"Waiting On" Wednesday (20)

Waiting On Wednesday
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Shadow Bound by Erin Kellison
 Not Avail
June 29, 2010
Synopsis from Erin Kellison’s Website

Death
Some people will do anything to avoid it. Even trade their immortal souls for endless existence.


Wraiths
Secretly, inexorably, they are infiltrating our world, sucking the essence out of unsuspecting victims with their hideous parody of a kiss.


Segue
Adam Thorne founded the Institute to study and destroy his monster of a brother, but the key to its success is held in the pale, slender hand of a woman on the run. There is something hauntingly different about Talia O’Brien, her unknowing sensuality, her uncanny way of slipping into Shadow.


Twilight
This is the place between life and what comes after - a dark forest of fantasy, filled with beauty, peril, mystery. And Talia is about to open the door.


Ooooh, intriguing or not? I think so and I love this synopsis! 


<><><><><><><><><><><><>


Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James 
Bantam 
July 13, 2010


'Truth or dare?' she asks.


I hesitate. I have so many secrets, so many things I don't want to reveal, but this is only a game, only a bit of fun. 'Truth,' I say finally. 'I can imagine one of your dares, and I don't fancy running down Oxford Street naked tonight.'


'Truth,' Alice says slowly, drawing out the vowel sound as if she's savouring the word. 'Are you sure? Are you sure you can be completely honest?'
'I think so. Try me.'


'Okay.' And then she looks at me curiously. 'So. Were you glad, deep down? Were you glad to be rid of her? Your perfect sister? Were you secretly glad when she was killed?'


Katherine has moved away from her shattered once-perfect family to start a new life in Sydney. There she keeps her head down until she is befriended by the charismatic Alice, and her life takes her in new directions. But there is a dark side to Alice, and as we learn the truth of Katherine's sister's death and Alice's background their story spirals to an explosive finale.
A potent, intense and simply unputdownable psychological thriller from an exciting voice.


This one sounds good too. I really want to know how Katherine's sister died and what Alice's secret is!


What are you waiting for?

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh I never heard of these Kailia! Thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS