Thursday, May 27, 2010

Reading Habits

I've been seeing this around for a while and I've decided to try it! Where I have seen it: Potter, Percy, and I and HOME-eBookBlog and Book Crazy


Do you snack while you read? If so, favourite reading snack:
Usually I don't but sometimes I'll eat strawberries or even a sandwich while I read.  


What is your favorite drink while reading?
I don't usually drink when I'm reading. I don't want to get my books wet! 


Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
I DO NOT WRITE IN A BOOK! EVER! 


How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
Book Marks! I have zillions of them. Some are signed by the author. Some are made by me and friends. 


Fiction, non-fiction, or both?
Fiction. The only time I'll pick up non-fiction is if I have to read it ex. for school. Or if I'm interested in the topic, other wise, I don't read it! 


Are you a person who tends to read to the end of a chapter, or can you stop anywhere?
Most of the time, I read to the end of the chapter. Sometimes though, if time doesn't allow it, I stop right in the middle, though I really hate to do that. 


Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you?
I guess I am. I have been know to do this but most of the time, I'll get rid of the book! 


If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away?
Nah. I like to use context clues to figure it out! 


What are you currently reading?
Numbers by Rachel Ward. 


What is the last book you bought?
I honestly don't remember! 


Are you the type of person that reads one book at a time, or can you read more than one?
I'm a pretty fast reader so I can finish two or three books a day. I have read more than one book at a time! 


Do you have a favourite time/place to read?
Usually at night, before going to sleep, I snuggle in bed and read.


Do you prefer series books or stand alones?
As long as the book is good, I'm good. But a lot of times I like stand alones because I won't have to wait for the next book, as I would in a series. 


Is there a specific book or author you find yourself recommending over and over?
Well, mostly I tell them books and if an author had more than one good book, than I tell them the author. 


How do you organize your books? (by genre, title, author's last name, etc.)
Authors last name for sure. I'm always adding or fixing books that are in the wrong place!

2 comments:

  1. That's interesting. We all have different habits, I'm noticing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! I have very similar habits...I think most of us love to read in bed at night :D

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS