Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Review: Aurelia by Anne Osterlund

Summary:Aurelia, the crown princess of Tyralt, wants control over her own life Robert, her former classmate, wants Aurelia. And someone wants her...dead. There have been several narrowly escaped attempts to assassinate the princess, but the king has no desire to incite panic by making the information public. Instead, Robert, the son of the king's former royal spy, is allowed into the inner circle to secretly investigate and watch over Aurelia. Robert is determined to help, if only Aurelia would let him! But the princess will not heed the danger around her, and she does not need Robert to save her. Just as their friendship begins to grow into something more, the threat on Aurelia's life becomes paramount. With everything possible on the line -- her life, her kingdom, her heart -- Aurelia must take matters into her own hands, whatever the cost.

Review: My introduction to Anne Osterlund and I am happy to say that I am not too dissapointed.

Aurelia is a strong willed and independent Princess. She knows what she wants and how to get it. I thought she was a great character but some what well developed. She annoyed me at times and other times I felt bad for her. She wasn't developed though. From the fist page, she was just as feisty and stubborn as she was in the beginning, middle, and end.

There was mystery, for me at least, and I couldn't figure out who was trying to kill her until I came to the middle and it hit me like a ton of bricks. The ending was the most disappointing part: it was too fast, too furious. To me, it seemed as if it came out of no where. And I didn't like how the last pages left us off.

I did enjoy the romance, though there was very little, between Robert and Aurelia. It was obvious from the very beginning that he liked her, but being a hopeless romantic, I couldn't help but love it.

Grade: 5.png Five Stars image by Adaleelee I loved it!!!!

Cover: A, I love the look on her face, the mask, everything!

Overall: A book you all should read if you want to.

1 comment:

  1. Great Review!!! Sounds like something I would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS