Thursday, June 24, 2010

Review: Prom Nights From Hell by Meg Cabot, Kim Harrison, Michele Jaffe, Stephenie Meyer and Lauren Myracle

Summary:In this exciting collection, bestselling authors Meg Cabot (How to Be Popular), Kim Harrison (A Fistful of Charms), Michele Jaffe (Bad Kitty), Stephenie Meyer (Twilight), and Lauren Myracle (ttyl) take bad prom nights to a whole new level—a paranormally bad level. Wardrobe malfunctions and two left feet don't hold a candle to discovering your date is the Grim Reaper—and he isn't here to tell you how hot you look.

From angels fighting demons to a creepy take on getting what you wish for, these five stories will entertain better than any DJ in a bad tux. No corsage or limo rental necessary. Just good, scary fun.

Review: Meg Cabot, Kim Harrison, Michele Jaffe, Stephenie Meyer and Lauren Myracle all in one book, this I had to check out. Not only that, but it's about prom nights. Disastrous prom nights. Could it get any better than that?

I really liked this book. I was hesitant at first about reading it but I'm glad I did. Each of the five short stories were different from the next. There was some paranormal twist to each one and I think all the authors did a wonderful job of putting things together. I also liked that these stories weren't the typical prom disaster, per say Boy and Girl go together. Boy or Girl cheats on the other and dumps the one who cheated. I liked all the stories but some were better than the others. For example, The Exterminator's Daughter by Meg Cabot was one of my favorites compared to Kiss and Tell by Michele Jaffe.

There were times when I was confused with what was going on, or I was just plain bored. There were some unnecessary details that could have been taken out. These thing put together took away the fifth star. But aside from that, this book has mystery, romance, danger and so much more.

Grade: Go to fullsize image I really liked it.

Cover: A+, I love the corsage! It's you're typical looking rose, but its beautiful! Its got a nice coloring but all the same has a mysterious, dark look to it!

Overall: It's a great book! If you want a quick, enjoyable read, check this one out!

1 comment:

  1. <3 all those authors! Great review i'll definitely be checking this one out :D

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS