Friday, June 11, 2010

Review: Ransom My Heart by Mia Thermopolis and Meg Cabot

Summary:He’s a tall, handsome knight with a secret.


She’s an adventurous beauty with more than a few secrets of her own.


Finnula Crais needs money for her sister’s dowry, and fast. Handsome Hugo Fitzstephen, Earl of Stephensgate, returning home to England from the Crusades, has money–saddlebags of gold and jewels–and lots of it. What could be simpler than to kidnap him and hold him for ransom? Especially when he’s more than willing to allow himself to be caught by such a winsome captor.


Well, for starters, Finnula could make the terrible mistake of falling in love with her hostage, only to realize he’s been lying about his identity all along ….


But then, so has she.


Now their lives—and the lives of everyone they know and love—could be in mortal danger.


Is Finnula in hell? Or is she in heaven?

Review: A book by Mia Thermopolis (Meg Cabot)? I thought when I first saw this. So being the Meg Cabot fan, I check out this book from the library and began reading it that night. The first shock came on the very first page with the date: England, 1291. Holy cow this was long ago. But I read on and on. By the time I was finally able to stop reading, it had been well over an hour.

Mia's Meg's writing abilities continue to blow me away. It was just amazing. No, telling you it was amazing doesn't do it any justice because it truly was a great book. I mean seriously good. I've read this book THREE TIMES! That's how good this book is!

Finnula is just like she is described above. She a fearless, fun, and very loving heroine. She's a heroine like none other that I've read about. She's feisty, annoying, very stubborn and will probably kick any guy or gals butt! She's one of those girls who you love in the beginning, love in the middle and love till the last pages. I loved reading about her and how she interacted with the people around her. Her relationship with her sisters' was interesting to read about, as was her relationship with Robert, her brother and especially Hugo.

Ah Hugo. At first, I thought Hugo was a big ass snob. Seriously. Plus, I expected the hero to be hot. Hugo, when we meet him has a beard. And then there's Peter. We learn that Hugo is a Earl and Peter is his squire. One of the most annoying characters ever. Peter seems to moan and groan and complain about everything! I wanted Hugo to kick that little boy's ass. But he didn't so I wanted to do it. Anyhoo, Hugo was the perfect hero, the beard aside. He was chivalrous, loving, passionate and imperfect, which made his even more appealing. By the end, I wanted to have Hugo for myself.

All I can say is that Meg Cabot has yet to disappoint me. I loved this book! The characters, the plot, the dialogue, it was all Meg Cabot! This was a highly enjoyable historical romance novel about two very different people falling in love. Though we've heard the kidnapper falling in love with the hostage, this book takes it to a whole new level. Its well written, has wonderful characters, takes place long ago, and is just a great book in general.

Grade: Go to fullsize image I loved it! It's a Mia Thermopolis Meg Cabot book. What do you expect?

Cover: A+, I love the girl and how she's kind of blurred and theres the woods. The font adds to the medieval time (?).

Overall: Do you want a great book to read? Are you bored out of your mind? What ever the heck it is, GET THIS BOOK! You won't be dissapointed. Though I do suggest adults and older teens (or very mature teens) get this book because it's got detailed sex scenes.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to put this on hold at the library right now!! I love Meg Cabot too and I loved the Princess Diaries. I have no idea why I haven't read this yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I actually really, REALLY disliked this book, though I admit the cover is gorgeous. Great review though! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS