Sunday, July 25, 2010

Calire de Lune by Christine Johnson

**SPOILER ALERT! PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED**
Summary:Torn between two destinies?
Claire is having the perfect sixteenth birthday. Her pool party is a big success, and gorgeous Matthew keeps chatting and flirting with her as if she's the only girl there. But that night, she discovers something that takes away all sense of normalcy: she's a werewolf.

As Claire is initiated into the pack of female werewolves, she must deal not only with her changing identity, but also with a rogue werewolf who is putting everyone she knows in danger. Claire's new life threatens her blossoming romance with Matthew, whose father is leading the werewolf hunt. Now burdened with a dark secret and pushing the boundaries of forbidden love, Claire is struggling to feel comfortable in either skin. With her lupine loyalty at odds with her human heart, she will make a choice that will change her forever?

Review: Most kids get a car for their sixteenth birthday. That's what Claire wants, but instead she gets a life changing shocker: she's a werewolf. It was a great beginning to a very interesting story. This book has a different twist to the normal type of werewolf book I've read. In this book, only females are the werewolves, and human men are only around so the pack can evolve. 

That, aside, now for the real review: This book was not as satisfying as I had hoped it would be. Reading the synopsis, I got the impression that Claire would be a very strong girl, but she was more of a scared girl than anything else. I had hoped she would especially get over the whole "I can't believe Matthew is in love with me." situation. She was really annoying at times too.
Then there were the other characters I didn't especially like any of the because I didn't get to know them! They were all in the background, just simply there. I liked Matthew, but I wanted to know more about him. Other things, like Matthew's dad's research things, were once again, just there. It never really came out. I never really liked reading about Claire's Mom and the Pack. It was all just....not for me.

I think I'm more and more a hard judge for books mainly of werewolves simply because there are so many out there!

Grade: Go to fullsize image I liked it.

Cover: C, it's not the best, it's not the worst! I like the sad girl (Claire?) and the foggy full moon. 

Overall: The hardcore werewolf lover will love it. Others might be hesitant. It's a good, lucky read!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't read all of your review b/c of the spoilers, but i gotta say I really want to read this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one looks really good! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS