Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder

Summary:Restless souls and empty hearts

Brooklyn can’t sleep. Her boyfriend, Lucca, dies only a year ago, and now her friend Gabe has just died of an overdose. Every time she closes her eyes, Gabe’s ghost is there waiting for her. She has no idea what he wants, or why it isn’t Lucca visiting her dreams.

Nico can’t stop. He’s always running, trying to escape the pain of loosing his brother Lucca. But when Lucca’s ghost begins leaving messages telling Nico to help Brooklyn, emotions come crashing to the surface.

As the nightmares escalate and the messages become relentless, Nico reaches out to Brooklyn. But neither of them can admit that they’re being haunted. Until they learn to let each other in, not one soul will be able to rest.

Review: I haven't read a lot of books written in verse since there aren't that many out there (that I know of), so I'm a bit of a hard judge when it comes to them. Chasing Brooklyn has become one of the best verse books I've read.

A well written book about lose, hope, greivef and moving on. Written in altering voices of Brooklyn and Nico, I was glad to read about each of their lives. Brooklyn's lost her boyfriend Lucca and Nico lost his brother and even though their stories are different, they have both lost someone they loved. Lisa did an amazing job with both Brooklyn and Nico. The characters acted just like how I thought they would in their situations. Their voices were strong and sure throughout this whole novel even though their hearts were broken. The characters were as developed as they can get in a verse novel and the plot was moving and very thought out.

Chasing Brooklyn is a very touching, heart wrenching book about love, lose, and moving on!


Grade:5.png Five Stars image by AdaleeleeI loved it!

Cover: A+, I love the girl (Brooklyn?) and the ghost's hard's reaching for her hand. The look on her face, the greish tint of the window, it really sets the mood of the book.

Overall: A great story about losing someone we love and moving on. A must read!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, the ghost thing again? Well, I LOVED I Heart You, You Haunt Me so I'm almost 100% sure I will like it, too. I loved Lisa's writing style and can't wait for more. :) Thanks for the review, Kailia!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS