Saturday, August 21, 2010

Review: Give Up The Ghost by Megan Crewe

Summary: Cass McKenna much prefers the company of ghosts over "breathers." Ghosts are uncomplicated and dependable, and they know the dirt on everybody... and Cass loves dirt. She's on a mission to expose the dirty secrets of the poseurs in her school.
But when the vice president of the student council discovers her secret, Cass's whole scheme hangs in the balance. Tim wants her to help him contact his recently deceased mother, and Cass reluctantly agrees.
As Cass becomes increasingly entwined in Tim's life, she's surprised to realize he's not so bad--and he needs help more desperately than anyone else suspects. Maybe it's time to give the living another chance...

Review:When I first heard about this book I was expecting something fluffy and girly but this book wasn’t like that at all. I’m not saying it was a bad book or anything, just not what I was expecting. At the beginning, it was what I was expecting, and then near the beginning, it totally switched gears. It took me some time to get into the serious side of the story but as soon as I got in, I enjoyed this story immensely. There were several humorous moments in this book that made the tone much lighter, not to mention some of the romantic moments as well.

Some things that I would have liked to have more background information on Cass’s ability. I mean, how can you get this kind of ability in one day? I think Megan Crewe has a great writing style. She doesn’t over do anything but keeps it nice and steady. I hope to read more of her books!

Grade: 3.png Three Stars image by Adaleelee I liked it.

Cover: B, at first I didn’t notice the ghost whispering in the girl’s ear but it looks cool none the less!

Overall:A nice, quick read!

2 comments:

  1. I was also expecting a light and fluffy book. I was never really able to adjust to the more serious turn it took. I also didn't like the MC very much. I also agree with you about the backstory to her ability. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS