Saturday, August 21, 2010

Review: The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Summary: MEGHAN CHASE HAS A SECRET DESTINY— ONE SHE COULD NEVER HAVE IMAGINED…
Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan’s life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school…or at home.
When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she’s known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth—that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she’ll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face…and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.


Review:How could I have waited this long to read this book? In one word, The Iron King was AMAZING! I loved it! Enchanting, enthralling and engaging are words that describe what The Iron King is but it is so much more!


At fist though, I wasn’t sure about this book. Yes, it sounded great but I was still a bit hesitant. Especially when I noticed some of the Midsummer Night’s Dream references. Then there are the references to the Summer and Winter Courts. But boy did Julie surprise me! She took some of the same concepts about “Fae” and turned it into something new! I was so surprised this new and unique world that now I know that only Julie can create.


The plot was so surprising that I didn’t know what would happen next! Meghan is a really great character and I loved reading about her. She is strong, independent, headstrong and so much more. And oh my word, Puck, Ash and of course Grimalkin! I loved the romance between Puck and Meghan and Meghan and Ash. I’ll just add that I’m Team Ash. I did love Puck BUT he and Meghan, to me, have that best friend thing going on and I don’t think he and Meghan can be together. But who knows, with Julie’s writing, anything can happen.

This may be the first book in a three book series but this book finished off very nicely and it leaves us set for the second book and of course waiting for more.


Grade: 5.png Five Stars image by Adaleelee I loved it!

Cover:A+, just look at it! Isn't it so pretty? The cover is gorgeous! The font, the designs, the model!


Overall:I loved this book and I can’t wait for more. You have to read this book (series). You’ll love it as much as I did and countless others!

3 comments:

  1. Great review!

    I loved the jealousy between Ash and Puck and how they both try to hide it. I'm team Puck though. Not that I want him with Megan but that I'd probably like to be around him more than around Ash lol!

    The Iron Daughter was also really good and so much more intense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it! I LOVED The Iron King, and I am really looking forward to reading The Iron Daughter! And I agree, the cover IS gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS