Sunday, October 31, 2010

Review: Dark of the Moon( Dark Guardian #3) by Rachel Hawthorne

Title: Dark of the Moon( Dark Guardian #3)
Author: Rachel Hawthorne
Release Date: August 25, 2009
Publisher: HarperTeen

Brittany has never had a guy declare her as his mate, so she faced her full moon alone. But she has always loved Connor from afar. When they are imprisoned by their enemies, they must depend on each other to survive. But Brittany harbors a dark and dangerous secret that could destroy them both.

Review: I love this series. Why? Because of the elements: werewolves and undying love. These books aren’t the best written books out there. Some places it can get confusing, others are just weird. There aren’t a lot of character developments (and if there are, it’s just so hard to tell them apart from the rest) and the characters aren’t the kind who jump out of the page.

I think I mostly love it because from the beginning of this series, Hawthorne introduced us to many characters. Now in each book, we can read about these characters. Soon, we begin to love them and we want to know what happens.Brittany was particularly my most favorite girl but I did like her in this book. I got a better sense of why she acted the way she did in the other books which was nice. Connor was even better in this book than all the others. I loved him.

This series can be characterized as what I like to call “dovey dovey.” The whole, full of love and heat and passion with a twist and turn of danger mixed in with a very sappy ending? The whole “And they lived happily ever after” stuff.

Cover: 2.png image by AdaleeleeI did not like the way Brittany looked..her lips are TOO pink and it gives me an eery feel.
Overall: 4.png Four Stars image by AdaleeleeYes, I give it 4 stars. Though the above ratings aren't too high, I loved the romance in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS