Saturday, October 02, 2010

Teen Read Awards: Results!

This is waaay late but here are the winners:


Best Read
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Suzanne Collins
• Shiver Maggie Stiefvater
• Darkest Powers: The Reckoning Kelley Armstrong
• The Immortals: Shadowland Alyson Noël
• Along for the Ride Sarah Dessen

Sarah Dessen's novel is the only non paranormal related book on here. I liked that Catching Fire won! Here's a video:




Best All Time Fave
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows J.K. Rowling
• The Book Thief Markus Zusak
• The Catcher in the Rye J.D. Salinger
• The Twilight Saga: Twilight Stephenie Meyer
• Hunger Games Suzanne Collins

Oh, YES! I'm BEYOND happy with this win. Jo really deserves it! 

Best Series
Vampire Academy: Spirit Bound Richelle Mead
• House of Night: Burned P.C. & Kristin Cast
• Blue Bloods: The Van Alen Legacy Melissa de la Cruz
• Pretty Little Liars #8: Wanted Sara Shepard
• Mortal Instruments: City of Glass Cassandra Clare

I do like this series and I'm glad it won. Honestly, I'm not the biggest House of Night fan out there so I'm *glad* it didn't win. 

Best Book-to-Flick
Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince J.K. Rowling
• Push Sapphire
• The Twilight Saga: New Moon Stephenie Meyer
• Whip It Shauna Cross
• The Chronicles of Narnia C. S. Lewis

Not my favorite pick BUT it was much better than Twilight. I know that sounds mean and all, but it's the truth. 

Best New Writer
Fallen Lauren Kate
• Wish Alexandra Bullen
• Before I Fall Lauren Oliver
• Beautiful Creatures Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
• Hush, Hush Becca Fitzpatrick

Haven't read this one so saying anything would be biased, don't you think?I have read Before I Fall, Beautiful Creatures and Hush, Hush. Yes, I am surprised that Lauren Oliver or Kamie and Margaret didn't win, but what can I do?

Best Hero
Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book Five: The Last Olympian Rick Riordan
• The Curse Workers: White Cat Holly Black
• Leviathan Scott Westerfeld
• The Maze Runner James Dashner
• Heist Society Ally Carter



Loved this book and I think Percy did deserve to win!

Best Villain
Prophecy of the Sisters Michelle Zink
• The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel: The Necromancer Michael Scott
• The Carrie Diaries Candace Bushnell
• Stolen Lucy Christopher
• Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows J.K. Rowling

I have this book but I haven't read it yet...I think I need to get to it!

Best Hottie
Mortal Instruments: City of Glass Cassandra Clare
• Hush, Hush Becca Fitzpatrick
• Along for the Ride Sarah Dessen
• Vampire Diaries: The Return: Shadow Souls L.J. Smith
• Vampire Academy 5 Spirit Bound Richelle Mead

JACE! Yay! I'm very happy about him winning! Oh, and here's a video for you all:




Best Lip Lock
Breaking Dawn Stephenie Meyer
• Sea Change Aimee Friedman
• Will Grayson, Will Grayson John Green & David Levithan
• Captivate Carrie Jones
• The Daughters Joanna Philbin

Ah, yes, the Jacob--Bella lip lock. I'm not too surpised that this one won the award! 

Best Canadian Read
Darkest Powers: The Reckoning Kelley Armstrong
• Word Nerd Susin Nielsen
• The Uninvited Tim Wynne-Jones
• For the Win Cory Doctorow
• Darklight Lesley Livingston


I haven't read this one yet but I will ASAP! 



So what do you think about the winner? Check out the site HERE

1 comment:

  1. Those are all great picks! I am glad HP is still in the running and Catching Fire got a lot of awards too!

    By the way...you are a winner in my giveaway! :) Congrats

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS