Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Review: Spirit Bound (VA #5) by Richelle Mead

Title: Spirit Bound (VA #5)
Author: Richelle Mead
Release Date: June 1, 2010
Publisher: Razorbill
Overall: 5.png Five Stars image by Adaleelee


Dimitri gave Rose the ultimate choice. But she chose wrong…
After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri’s birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir’s—and to her best friend, Lissa. It is nearly graduation, and the girls can’t wait for their real lives beyond the Academy’s iron gates to begin. But Rose’s heart still aches for Dimitri, and he's out there, somewhere.


She failed to kill him when she had the chance. And now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and she knows in her heart that he is hunting her. And if Rose won't join him, he won't rest until he's silenced her...forever.
Review: Suspenseful, intriguing, and amazing are the words that came to my mind when I first finished reading this book. I was looking forward to an awesome build up to the finale of this great series and I got just what I wanted. It was a roller coaster ride, really, with all of the emotions, the actions, and scenes. One second I was shocked, the next I was sad. Richelle Mead wrote a book that I can’t really put into words.

Rose was awesome. Just as kick ass yet fragile as always, she was a great protagonist and I am sad to say that I’m not happy with our journey almost over with her. She’s an all around character, being smart, sarcastic, strong willed, but in between all of that? There’s this girly girl who shows herself. Not that Rose wouldn’t change in a second from a girly girl to a kick ass girl to, well, kick your ass.



Not only was Rose awesome, I got to see a lot of my favorite characters back again. They had more character developments, did some crazy things, and made me mad at times. Overall, Mead made me love them even more than I had before.


The plot was well thought out and well written. There were many twists and turns that kept you guessing and at the edge of your seat. This book was action packed, and had, if not more action, like all of the other books. Not only that, but Mead was able to add A LOT of surprise that threw you off and made you wonder what was going on.


All in all, Mead got your attention from page 1 of this book and didn’t let go until the very last page. Might I add that she left us with A HUGE cliffhanger? She set this book up perfectly for the beginning of book 6 and the ending of this series.

Plot: 5.png Five Stars image by Adaleelee
Characters: 5.png Five Stars image by Adaleelee
Ending: 5.png Five Stars image by Adaleelee
Writing: 5.png Five Stars image by Adaleelee
Cover:4.png Four Stars image by Adaleelee.5

1 comment:

  1. I love this series, and loved this book. I reallly came to love Adrian in this one as well.

    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS