Saturday, December 18, 2010

Movie Review: Tangled

Movie Review: Tangled
Director: Nathan Greno and Byron Howard
Producer: Roy Conli
Cast:
**Mandy Moore as Princess Rapunzel
**Zachary Levi as Eugene "Flynn Rider" Fitzherbert
**Donna Murphy as Mother Gothel


Review:I love fairy tales and Rapunzel is one of my favorites. I’ve always wanted long hair and boy is Rapunzel’s hair long! At first, when I heard about this movie, I was excited and hesitant. It looked really good but a lot of the re-makes aren’t the best ever. With this movie though, I was in love.


A nice twist to the original, this story begins with an elderly woman named Gothel, who sees a single drop of sunlight hit the ground. It creatures a flower with the ability of it to keep her young when she signs to it. Sometime later, the queen of the kingdom is going to have her baby but she gets sick. The guards find the flower and bring it back to her. She gets better and has a baby daughter, whom she names Rapunzel. Gothel realizes that the baby Rapunzel’s hair now has the healing power of the flower. So, what does she do? She kidnaps the little girl.


I won’t say anything more about the rest of the movie. It was awesome. I loved it! Gothel is an evil witch and I hated her. Even though she uses the flower to remain young, she’s not the best looking lady out there.


Rapunzel and her chameleon, Pascal, were great to watch. Their way of having fun and amusing themselves was…amusing. I felt so bad for her. The only highlight was watching the “light” on a certain day every year.


Then we are introduced to Flynn Rider, a thief on the run. After stealing the princess’ crown and leaving his mean, comes to Rapunzel’s tower. The second the two meet, there’s numerous times where I laughed out loud, felt sad, angry (at Gothel), and so much more.


I don’t want to give away too much and therefore, it’s hard to write a review of it properly. So, this movie may be short, but there’s plenty of action, romance, thoughtfulness, and amusement. It’s a great family film and I think everyone should go and watch it. You’ll have plenty of laughs and awws.


Recommendation: A must see, awesome, funny, cute family movie that everyone will enjoy!

**I've added a "Movie Reviews" link o n my "Reviews" tab. I'm going to list all of the movie reviews I do there! Check it out here! **
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS