Wednesday, December 22, 2010

"Waiting On" Wednesday (34)



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Title:The Iron Queen (Iron Fey #3) 
Author: Julie Kagawa 
Publisher:  Harlequin Teen
Release Date: February 1, 2011
My name is Meaghan Chase.

I thought it was over.That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stay by my side. Drag me into the core of a conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back
 I love this series so much! It's probably one of my favorite books about the Fey and I am eagerly awaiting this books release!



Title:Wither (Chemical Garden #1)
Author:Lauren DeStefano 
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing 
Release Date: March 22, 2011
What if you knew exactly when you would die?

Thanks to modern science, every human being has become a ticking genetic time bomb—males only live to age twenty-five, and females only live to age twenty. In this bleak landscape, young girls are kidnapped and forced into polygamous marriages to keep the population from dying out.

When sixteen-year-old Rhine Ellery is taken by the Gatherers to become a bride, she enters a world of wealth and privilege. Despite her husband Linden's genuine love for her, and a tenuous trust among her sister wives, Rhine has one purpose: to escape—to find her twin brother and go home.

But Rhine has more to contend with than losing her freedom. Linden's eccentric father is bent on finding an antidote to the genetic virus that is getting closer to taking his son, even if it means collecting corpses in order to test his experiments. With the help of Gabriel, a servant Rhine is growing dangerously attracted to, Rhine attempts to break free, in the limted time she has left.
 Look at that cover and the synopsis. If that's not enough to pull you in, I'm not sure what is! With a combination like that, this book is one I will be checking out!

15 comments:

  1. I've got the first two of the Iron Fey series underneath my tree so I'm sure I'll want the third one next. Wither is definitely pine worthy. Awesome picks!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven’t read The Iron Fey series yet. After all the rave review I don’t know what I’m waiting for :) Wither sounds super awesome. Great picks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few have already recommended Wither to me! And I've yet to start The Iron King! I'm so behind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iron Queen is amazing - well worth the wait! Wither is also on my list. You can read what we are waiting on here

    ~Pixie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two of my most awaited books! I have copies of both books, and I'm pretty excited to read them, so I must say you picked well. I've read a lot of rave reviews about Wither and I absolutely love the Iron Fey series after reading the first two books! :)

    If you're interested, here's my WoW picks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to reading both of these as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wasn't a huge fan of the Iron King (was that book one? or was it the Iron Daughter?).. so I am not exactly waiting on the Iron Queen.. :)

    But Wither.. oh, yes. I cannot wait for Wither!

    Sarah
    That Bookish Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. These both look great! I've been meaning to pick up the Iron Fey series! My WoW is at Coffee Table Press

    ReplyDelete
  9. How to Knit a Heart Back Home
    By Rachael Herron
    Publication date: March 1, 2011

    Lucy Harrison sells books by day and volunteers with the Cypress Hollow fire department by night. Her life is just the way she likes it—full, even-keeled, and smooth—until bad-boy ex-cop Owen Bancroft comes back to town. Lucy has always been fearless, never scared about diving in to help others. When it comes to risking her heart, however, she realizes she's absolutely terrified.

    In a small town like Cypress Hollow, everyone knows your business—and there is nowhere to hide. Then Lucy and Owen are thrown together by the discovery of the lost work of local legend, knitting guru Eliza Carpenter. Now Owen, adrift and struggling to redefine himself as a civilian without a badge, will have to learn how to open himself up to life's new possibilities . . . while Lucy decides just how much of herself she's willing to gamble on love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Picks. I can't wait to read both of these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous picks!looks really good. Merry Christamas and Happy Reading :)
    Check out what I'm Waiting On Wednesday


    Mia @GrippedintoBooks

    ReplyDelete
  12. I keep seeing all these books, and you would think I lived in a cave as many as I haven't read yet but I do have Iron Fey Series on my tbr list.

    Hope you have a Merry Christmas, Happy Reading!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Agreement! I still have to start The Iron Fey series, but I won the first two novels and will definitely read my Iron Queen E-ARC then!WITHER is a novel so much talked about right now, want to read it,too:)
    Here is my WOW

    Already entered my international giveaway? Click here for the chance to win one our of six 2011-release novels!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great picks! I love Wither and am reading TIQ soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read my copy of The Iron King yet, and Wither looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS