Monday, March 07, 2011

Movie Review: Beastly

Movie Review: Beastly
Director: Daniel Barnz
Cast:
**Venessa Hudgens as Lindy
**Alex Pettyfer as Hunter/Kyle Kingston
**Mary-Kate Olsen as Kendra
**Neil Patrick Harris as Will
**LisaGay Hamilton as Zola
**Peter Krause as Rob

Review: I was looking forward to this movie. I loved, loved the book that it was based on and I actually love Beauty and the Beast in general. But this movie was not what I was expecting. I didn’t like it very much. I thought it was simply okay.

Venessa Hudgens was not Lindy. She never was Lindy for me and this movie proved it. They should have chosen someone else for Lindy. I just didn’t like her at all…she was very BORING! Alex Pettyfer was, I guess, not up to his par. I’ve heard I AM NUMBER FOUR is good but he could have been better in this movie. I think it was partly due to the fact that the script and directing weren’t so good. Mary-Kate Olsen was what I had pictured as Kendra, appearance wise, but I had hoped her acting would be better…I guess not.

There were times when I laughed during this movie, especially with Neal Patrick Harris as Will, the blind tutor, but that was about it. There were way to many cheesy lines and sayings…like “rad.” Who says “rad” anymore?

Overall, I didn’t think this movie was made for theaters and I could have saved my money.

Recommendation: Wait for it in DVD if you really want to see it.
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS