Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday (39)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Title: Hades (Halo #2)
Author: Alexandra Aldornetto
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Release Date: August 20, 2011 

Even the love of her boyfriend, Xavier Woods, and her archangel siblings, Gabriel and Ivy, can’t keep the angel Bethany Church from being tricked into a motorcycle ride that ends up in Hell. There, Jake Thorn bargains for Beth’s release back to Earth. But what he asks of her will destroy her, and quite possibly her loved ones as well. Can he be trusted in this wager? And what does Jake have Xavier believing about Beth’s fate that may result in an act of betrayal that will leave Bethany – and readers – wondering if Xav is so good after all?
 Though I wasn't the biggest fan of Halo, I still want to know where the story goes and if her writing improves. Plus, I love this cover!


 **********************************************
Title: Juliet Immortal
Author: Stacey Jay
Publisher: Random House
Release Date: September 13, 2011
The most tragic love story in history . . .

Juliet Capulet didn't take her own life. She was murdered by the person she trusted most, her new husband, Romeo Montague, a sacrifice made to ensure his own immortality. But what Romeo didn't anticipate was that Juliet would be granted eternity, as well, and would become an agent for the Ambassadors of Light. For 700 years, she's fought Romeo for the souls of true lovers, struggling to preserve romantic love and the lives of the innocent. Until the day she meets someone she's forbidden to love, and Romeo, oh Romeo, will do everything in his power to destroy that love.
I've heard great things about Stacy Jay and it's Romeo and Juliet. I just have to read it!



***********************************************
Title: My Life Undecided
Author: Jessica Brody
Publisher: Farrar, Straus, Giroux
Release Date: June 7th, 2011

PLEASE READ THIS! MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Okay, maybe that was a bit melodramatic, but I’m sorry, I’m feeling a bit melodramatic at the moment.

Here’s the deal. My name is Brooklyn Pierce, I’m fifteen years old, and I am decisionally challenged. Seriously, I can’t remember the last good decision I made. I can remember plenty of crappy ones though. Including that party I threw when my parents were out of town that accidentally burned down a model home. Yeah, not my finest moment, for sure.

But see, that’s why I started a blog. To enlist readers to make my decisions for me. That’s right. I’m gave up. Threw in the towel. I let someone else be the one to decide which book I read for English. Or whether or not I accepted an invitation to join the debate team from that cute-in-a-dorky-sort-of-way guy who gave me the Heimlich Maneuver in the cafeteria. (Note to self: Chew the melon before swallowing it.) I even let them decide who I dated!

Well, it turns out there are some things in life you simply can’t choose or have chosen for you—like who you fall in love with. And now everything’s more screwed up than ever.

But don’t take my word for it, read the book and decide for yourself. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll scream in frustration. Or maybe that’s just me. After all, it’s my life.
I loved Jessica's debut The Karma Club and I'm excited for this release! It sounds just as good! 

***********************************************
Title: The Mephisto Covenant: The Redemption of Ajax
Author: Trinity Faegen
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Release Date: September 27, 2011
Sasha is desperate to find out who murdered her father. When getting
the answer means pledging her soul to Eryx, she unlocks a secret that
puts her in grave danger—Sasha is Anabo, a daughter of Eve, and
Eryx’s biggest threat.

A son of Hell, immortal, and bound to Earth forever, Jax looks
for redemption in the Mephisto Covenant—God’s promise he will find
peace in the love of an Anabo. After a thousand years, he’s finally
found the girl he’s been searching for: Sasha.

With the threat of Eryx looming, Jax has to keep Sasha safe and
win her over. But can he? Will Sasha love him and give up her mortal
life?
I love that cover and it sounds soooo good!

***********************************************
Title: Inheritance (Inheritance Cycle #4)
Author: Christopher Paolini
Publisher:  Random House
Release Date: November 8, 2011
 Not so very long ago, Eragon—Shadeslayer, Dragon Rider—was nothing more than a poor farm boy, and his dragon, Saphira, only a blue stone in the forest. Now the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders.

Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chances.

The Rider and his dragon have come further than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaƫsia? And if so, at what cost?

I can't wait for this one to come out! I've loved this series since it's come out and have wanted to know how it ends since then!
I can't wait for this one to come out! I've loved this series since it's come out and have wanted to know how it ends since then! 


WHAT ARE YOU WAITING ON?

6 comments:

  1. Hey there. I am your newest follower for WoW and it would be awesome if you stopped by my blog to follow me as well!

    http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com

    Thanks and I love your blog design and I have had Halo on my wishlist forever now, but it makes me want to hurry up and just read it before the next one comes out and then I'll have two books to read lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a great list! I'm really looking forward to reading all of these as well! Enjoy! Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list! I’m drooling over Juliet Immortal in a major way! Thanks for putting it on my radar :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juliet Immortal has a gorgeous cover, as does The Mephisto Covenant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow the 4th book finally has a publish date?!?!?!? I have been waiting FOREVER for that book. Is that the actual cover!?? Too cool. Thanks for posting that.
    And Juliet Immortal looks awesome!!
    Check out what I'm waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Added you to the HS Bloggers list! Sorry I missed your comment - I wasn't aware of the approval button for IntenseDebate. xD

    And awesome picks! I've heard awesome things about Stacey Jay too, though never read her books. Juliet Immortal has a beautiful cover though, and definitely an intriguing plot. I'll have to check it out, thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS