Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday (40)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted byBreaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Title: Sisterhood Everlasting (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants #5)
Author: Ann Brashares
Publisher: Random House
Release Date: June 14, 2011

 From #1 New York Times bestselling author Ann Brashares comes the welcome return of the characters whose friendship became a touchstone for a generation. Now Tibby, Lena, Carmen, and Bridget have grown up, starting their lives on their own. And though the jeans they shared are long gone, the sisterhood is everlasting. 

Despite having jobs and men that they love, each knows that something is missing: the closeness that once sustained them. Carmen is a successful actress in New York, engaged to be married, but misses her friends. Lena finds solace in her art, teaching in Rhode Island, but still thinks of Kostos and the road she didn’t take. Bridget lives with her longtime boyfriend, Eric, in San Francisco, and though a part of her wants to settle down, a bigger part can’t seem to shed her old restlessness. 

Then Tibby reaches out to bridge the distance, sending the others plane tickets for a reunion that they all breathlessly await. And indeed, it will change their lives forever—but in ways that none of them could ever have expected. 

As moving and life-changing as an encounter with long-lost best friends, Sisterhood Everlasting is a powerful story about growing up, losing your way, and finding the courage to create a new one.
I didn't know that there was going to be a fifth book but I was super happy when I heard about this one! It sounds super good and I can't wait to read it! 
**********************************************
Title: Moonglass
Author: Jessi Kirby
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Release Date: May 3, 2011
From Jessi Kirby, a debut novel about confronting the past in order to move ahead."I read once that water is a symbol for emotions. And for a while now, I've thought maybe my mother drowned in both."

Anna's life is upended when her father accepts a job transfer the summer before her junior year. It's bad enough that she has to leave her friends and her life behind, but her dad is moving them to the beach where her parents first met and fell in love- a place awash in memories that Anna would just as soon leave under the surface.
While life on the beach is pretty great, with ocean views and one adorable lifeguard in particular, there are also family secrets that were buried along the shore years ago. And the ebb and flow of the ocean's tide means that nothing- not the sea glass that she collects on the sand and not the truths behind Anna's mother's death- stays buried forever
.
I've seen this one around the blogosphere for a while now and it sounds really good. PLUS, SARAH DESSEN blurbed it...now I have to read it!


WHAT ARE YOU WAITING ON?

5 comments:

  1. Hehe, everyone seems to be featuring Sisterhood Everlasting today, so I won't comment on that again. But Moonglass sound like an amazing contemporary that I can't wait to read! Nice picks. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look like great books. I'm adding them to my To-Read list.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Erika
    My WOW: http://bit.ly/dZBPUw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! I have always thought about reading the Sisterhood series, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

    Reading Lark's WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right now I am waiting on Chronicles of Nick: Invincible. Not so much the book but the time to read it. In my mind I was telling myself to hurry up and finish the book I am currently reading. I had to yell at myself because the book that is being read deserves my attention as well.

    Please do stop by for a crumpet, find out about a new MeMe & to check out my newest giveaway :)

    Mad Scientist
    Steampunkery & Book Reviews
    Forbidden Steam  Adult- even the Mad Scientist gets naughty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was excited when I found out about Sisterhood Everlasting. It is not a YA book but I bet it will be very popular with teens. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS