Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Review: Crescendo (Hush, Hush #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick

Title: Crescendo (Hush, Hush #2)
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Release Date: October 19, 2010
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but atleast she got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But, despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever and even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar.


Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Path hadnt been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feeling that he's hiding something.


Haunted by images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself increasingly in dangerous situations as she desperatly searches for answers. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts.
Review: I loved Hush, Hush and I couldn’t wait to read the second book. At first, when I saw the title, I wasn’t sure what the significance was. Then I learned about how in music, crescendo is to gradually get louder. Now how does this fit in with the story? I wondered. After reading it, though, the title fits perfectly. Even more enthralling and enchanting than Hush, Hush, Crescendo was the perfect second book.


Holy cow did this book surprise me. The plot and story line, I thought, was going to be similar to Hush, Hush. The only common parts? It had some of the same characters and there was an unnamed danger. That’s all. Becca Fitzpatrick came up with an even more suspenseful story line than I had imagined. There were loads of twists and turns and dangers around every corner, I wasn’t sure what was going to happen next! Fitzpatrick came up with a darker, scarier, and more mysterious plot than Hush, Hush and I loved every minute of it. It really did fit in well with the title; let’s just put it at that.

Fitzpatrick’s writing style came back even better than it was in Hush, Hush. There were many snarky comments, lots of romantic scenes and then there were the flashbacks gave more background information. She was able to write fear in a perfect way and she incorporated it into her story line very well. She kept a steady pace to the story which made it easier to understand. I did get confused on who was who and that irked me a little. I like to know who is who if I wanted to know what I’m reading. After a while, it wasn’t that bad, but still. Might I just add that some of the revelations had jaw dropping, WTF just happened? Reactions.

Patch and Nora were back to their full fledged romance but with some complications. Patch begins to hang out with Marcie Millar, Nora’s arch nemesis and that’s never good. The Scott, Nora’s childhood friend moves back to town and this boy has more secrets than Nora ever imagined! If you thought Patch was the bad boy, then guess again because I think Scott might give Patch a run for his money!

I’m eagerly awaiting Silence, the third book in the series. I really want to know what’s going to happen with Patch and Nora and Marcie and Vee and everyone else. I recommend this series to anyone looking for a good read who loves Urban Fantasy. Of course, if you’ve read Hush, Hush then you need to go out and read Crescendo if you haven’t already!


Overall: 4.png Four Stars image by Adaleelee
Cover: 5.png Five Stars image by Adaleelee

2 comments:

  1. I'm interested in reading this book. It took me awhile to like Hush, Hush, but by the end I was hooked. As long as Patch isn't as rude as he was at the beginning of Hush, Hush, I think I'll like Crescendo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Hush, Hush and hope to read this.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS