Thursday, May 26, 2011

Armchair BEA: Blogging Relationships

Today's topic is about the relationships that people have through blogging.

I’ve gotten to know a lot of people because of blogging. I’m not that social but I think blogging has helped change me. When I began blogging, there were only a handful number of blogs that I read. One of them was La Femme Readers run by the very nice Eleni. She’s the sweetest girl I’ve ever met (online) and she’s been super helpful in making my blog better. She also shared ways in which I could network my blog better. Here’s what I did to find more blogs and meet people:

1. Memes
Most memes (topics that a lot of blogs post about simultaneously) have Mr. Linkies at the bottom. If you participate in a meme, such as In My Mailbox (The Story Siren) or “Waiting on Wednesday” (Breaking the Spine), you can post the link to where you posted and see all the other bloggers who participates as well. This way, not only do you find new books but you meet new bloggers and that’s always a lot of fun.

2. Twitter
You have no idea how awesome Twitter is. It’s a great way to get a quick message out there or to say hi to someone. I’ve talked to many authors on Twitter and it’s been so much fun. Not only does it allow you to communicate with MANY people easily, you can tweet pictures or giveaways or start a topic. People who follow you will see what you tweeted and they might reply back. Or you could ask a question or say something. I’ve done this many times and I’ve
Though Twitter is amazing, I’ve seen that there’s a lot of drama on there (as well as on blogs) and I suggest that you stay out of it.

3. Comments
This may seem obvious, but the more you comment on someone’s blog, they’re more likely to check out your blog. It might sound wrong or stupid, but I have blogs that I check every single day and I’ll comment on their posts. I don’t necessarily believe that they’ll check out my blog but it’s always a possibility. With comments, though, don’t have a lot of expectations. You have to be honest in your comments but DON’T BASH SOMONE OUT. I’ve seen this happen and it’s NOT A GOOD IDEA.

1 comment:

  1. Just swinging by on the Armchair - been behind, wanted to check out everyone participating. The list is long! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS