Saturday, May 14, 2011

Review: The Royal Treatment (P4H #2) by Lindsey Leavitt

Title: The Royal Treatment
Series: Princess for Hire
Author: Lindsey Leavitt
Release Date: May 3, 2011
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Source: Publisher
Desi Bascomb's job as a princess substitute has gotten a whole lot more glamorous now that she's advanced to Level 2 within the Facade Agency. Magical make-up, roller-skating celebrities, and the chance to see Prince Karl again are just some of the major perks. Not to mention, she's landed the role of Fairy Queen in her school's production of Midsummer's Night Dream (opposite her best friend's crush. Which is a little weird, but at least he wears a donkey head during their kissing scene). Life should be perfect, but Desi can't seem to shake the feeling that there is more going on with the agency's magic than she's told. Like why is this mind-bending power exclusive to royals? Is it possible that there could be a bigger way to make an impact in both parts of her life?
Review: Lindsey Leavitt has easily become one of my favorite authors. I loved Princess for Hire, the first book of this series and I was excited when I heard that book two was coming out and I really wanted to read it. After receiving an ARC, I read it and loved it. The Royal Treatment left me wanting more of Desi and Reed and Meredith.

The Royal Treatment begins some time later after Princess for Hire. Desi has a lot more on her mind than she did before she got her job. She’s gets a part in Midsummer’s Night Dream and has to get herself ready for Level 2. Overall, the plot was similar to Princess for Hire with the fact that Desi continues her Princess Sub training. There were different princesses (with some old friends) and lots of drama! I think the one thing that stays constant with these books is Desi clear, humorous voice. She’s funny, she’s sad, she’s confused, and she’s everything. This book goes more into Fa├žade and its history and some of the things that go around in the company. Desi (and the reader) learn more about where she’s working and how everything happens.

Lindsey Leavitt’s writing style stays the same in this book as they were in her other two. It’s very clear, humorous, and just cute. Her writing style makes her characters come alive. They seem more real than they are. Another thing I love about her writing is that it doesn’t seem forced. It’s very straight forward, not confusing, and fun to read.

Desi has grown in this book and I loved to see the more mature side of her. Though she’s grown, she still acts like a young teen girl. She’s afraid of falling for her best friend’s crush and she’s afraid of how she’s going to do in the play. Meredith was back in her snarky, ta-ta ways. She did get a more happy ending in this book and she deserves it! Lilith was just as mean in this book as she was in the first one. Kylee and Reed and all the other minor, supporting characters were great to read about. I was happy to see the re-appreance of Prince Karl. I think something is going to happen between Desi and him and I want to know what!

I loved this book as much as I loved Princess for Hire. I can't wait to read more about Desi and Reed and Facade. I want to read more from Lindsey Leavitt!



Overall: 5/5
Cover: 5/5 I love how these covers match with the story lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS