Thursday, June 09, 2011

Movie News: Divergent To Be A Movie



Veronica Roth's debut novel Divergent has got a movie deal!
The Hollywood Reporter says: "Summit Entertainment has set hot young scribe Evan Daugherty to adapt dystopian thriller Divergent, based on the young adult novel by 22-year-old author Veronica Roth.
FinePrint’s Pouya Shabazian is producing the project with Doug Wick and Lucy Fisher via their Red Wagon banner.
Daugherty’s writing credits include Universal’s high profile Snow White and the Huntsman, starring Kristen Stewart and Chris Hemsworth, and Shrapnel, directed by John McTiernan.
Roth’s YA novel, published by HarperCollins imprint Katherine Tegen Books, hit the stands last month and quickly made the New York Times’ bestseller list, where it remains."

Read the rest here.

I haven't read this book yet but I've heard great things about it so I'm looking forward to reading the book and seeing where it all goes! 

1 comment:

  1. Aah! This has me super excited! I can't wait! Now I'm on pins and needles about who they're going to cast. I hope they don't butcher it lol. But I'm sure it's going to be great. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS