Sunday, June 12, 2011

Review: Out for Blood (Drake Chronicles #3) by Alyxandra Harvey

Title: Out for Blood
Series: Drake Chronicles #3
Author: Alyxandra Harvey
Release Date: November 1, 2010
Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
Source: Won
Hunter Wild is the youngest in a long line of elite vampire hunters, a legacy that is both a blessing and a curse at the secret Helios-Ra Academy, where she excels at just about everything. Thanks to her friendship with Kieran Black, Hunter receives a special invitation to attend the coronation of Helena Drake, and for the first time, she sees the difference between vampires that must be hunted and vampires that can become friends—or even more. When students at the academy fall victim to a mysterious illness, Hunter suspects they are under attack from within. She will need someone she can trust to help her save the future of Helios-Ra . . . help that shockingly comes in the form of Quinn Drake, a drop-dead gorgeous vampire. Who said senior year would be easy?
Review: Alyxandra Harvey’s The Drake Chronicles are what I call my guilty pleasures. Much like the first one, it’s a nice, enjoyable read that’ll make you laugh and feel good.

This story is told through Hunter and Quinn’s point of views. Quinn is a Drake and honestly, most all the same, except he’s the ladies man. After all the vampires in the past two books, it was nice to read about the Helios-Ra, the Vampire Hunters. I recognized Hunter from Blood Feud at Helena Drake’s coronation and I wasn’t expecting to read from her POV, but it was a nice surprise. I really liked Hunter. She’s best friends with Kiernan and through she comes from a family of very strict vampire hunters, she’s open to accepting the alliance that the Helios-Ra have with the Drakes (and other vampires.)

Quinn and his womanizing ways are like what-the-heck? But I liked reading more about him and through his eyes. He’s a really nice guy and like the other Drakes, he loves his sister very much and is willing to do anything for her. I loved the romance between Hunter and Quinn and while I knew they were going to get together, I loved the story and the progress of their relationship.

I can’t wait for book four, come along Connor.

Overall: 4/5
Cover Comments: 4/5 It's Logan Hunter and Quinn! I love how each of these covers has the two main characters on them!

1 comment:

  1. Mmm Quinn sounds yummy! I need to read this one since I have read the other two. =)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS