Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Update: Books & Challenges

Books I've Read So Far:
I've read 3 books that I didn't know I was going to read but I saw them in my bag and decided to read them.

**Heart to Heart by Lurlene McDaniel
**Somewhere Between Life and Death by Lurlene McDaniel
**Time to Let Go by Lurlene McDaniel

Total Pages: 521

Books I'm Currently Reading:
**Harry Potter and the Sorcer's Stone.
I'm still reading it!

Challenges:
DAY 1: I participated in IB Book Blogging's and The Musings of Almybnenr's challenges. Bailey's challenge was to answer two questions and I answered them on Twitter. For Alymbnenr's challenge, she chopped up 12 covers and we had to figure out what cover it was.

DAY 2: Sab at YA Bliss asked us to list 3 good love triangles in YA books.

1) Conrad vs. Jeremiah in Jenny Han's Summer Trilogy: I know she mentioned this one too but I had to list it. Both boys are so wonderful that I had no idea who Belly was going to end up with. I knew who I wanted Belly to be with but I still wasn't sure.
2)Gale vs. Peeta in Suzanne Collins The Hunger Games Trilogy: Okay, I kinda guessed who Katniss was going to be with in this trilogy BUT I liked both guys!
3) Jem vs. Will in Cassandra Clare's The Infernal Devices: I'm still not sure who's the guy. I like both guys but Will kinda gets on my nerves.

Casey at The Bookish Type asked us to write a fake synopsis based solely on the cover.

In the conclusion to the world wide phenomenon, J. K. Rowling brings to the world the ending we have all been waiting for. Stakes are higher than ever, more people are dying, and Voldemort is gaining more power.

The only question remains is: Will The Boy Who Lived really be able to get rid of the one man everyone is afraid of?
Day 3: Ashley of Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing asked us to recommend two books to her. The first book could be any book we read and loved. The second book has to be a book from our Read-A-Thon pile:

1st: Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. Holy cow this book is good. You begin reading this book and you hate Sam. She’s mean, arrogant, and mean. You don’t want to like her. You don’t want to know how she treats people. You read on because Lauren Oliver’s writing flows so well, her words weaving images in your mind. As you read on, you learn more about Sam and her friends. And then she dies. You wonder what in the heck is going on!? But as you keep reading, Sam comes back to life, re-living that fateful day over and over again. You begin to see a change in Sam as she realizes how her actions towards people affect their lives and her’s. you see Sam grow up right before your eyes. I won’t say anything else but if you haven’t read Before I Fall, I suggest you read it as soon as possible. After it, you’ll want more from Lauren Oliver.

2nd: Harry Potter Series. I’m reading all of them for the read-a-thon and I don’t think I need to tell you anything else. It’s a world with flying cars, wands, broomstick that can fly and Quidditch.

Nikki of Wicked Awesome Books asked us to match two characters from two different books that we think would go well together!

Adrian from Vampire Academy Series and Isabelle Lightwood from The Mortal Instruments. Why? Well, Adrian likes to party a lot and from what I can tell, so does Isabelle. She's fiery and knows what she wants. She also likes to wear nice clothes as does Adrian. I think their personalities could world really well together!

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm one of the only YA readers that hasn't touched the Vampire Academy series. But I love Isabelle and I trust that if this Adrian is as party-hardy and suave as you say, that Isabelle would go for him.

    And YAY for reading HP! It's my favorite series EVER. And I don't want the movies to end. I can't believe it all comes to a close tomorrow night. Makes me sad :*(

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS