Friday, July 29, 2011

Review: Scribbler of Dreams by Mary E. Pearson

Title: Scribbler of Dreams
Author: Mary E. Pearson
Release Date: October 1, 2002
Publisher: Harcourt Paperbacks / Graphia Books
Source: Library
Romeo and Juliet had the right idea. About dating the enemy that is. They were true to their hearts.


Kaitlin Malone know what it's like to date the enemy. She was raised to hate the Crutchfields, and absolutley does - until she meets Bram Crutchfield. It turns out he's a great guy - one she could talk to, share things with...even love. But when Kaitlin gives her heart to Bram, her world spins out of control. Soon the Crutchfields are here friends and she's a traitor to her own family.


To make things worse ,Bram was raised to hate the Malones,especially Kaitlin's father - who murdered Bram's dad. Bram doesn't know Kaitlin is a Malone. If he did he would hate her, too.


What's a star-crossed lover to do?
Review: I love the story of Romeo & Juliet. It is a rather depressing story but it’s seriously a classic. I also love re-telling of this story. The fact that two people, who aren’t supposed to fall in love, fall in love. I might be weird but I think that it shows how strong love really is. So, I love Mary E. Pearson’s work and I loved Romeo & Juliet. So it was only right that I read a book by Ms. Pearson that re-tells the story of Romeo & Juliet, don’t you think?

I loved this book. It was, once again, so wonderfully written. I seriously can’t get over Ms. Pearson’s amazing diction (her choice of words) and how well they fit together. Sure, some of the characters bugged me a little but the writing was just so good!

Kate and Bram aren’t supposed to talk to each other. They are enemies and should not corss paths. This gets thrown out the window when they meet and have a connection. It’s love-at-first-sight BUT it’s more about understanding each other. They are both artistic, Bram was sketching and Kate with writing, and that is really the thing that brings them together. They eventually fall in love but Kate doesn’t know how to tell Bram the truth. She loves him and she doesn’t want to lose him. It’s not until she learns some interesting history about the Malones and Crutchfields that she realizes that this whole feud is one thing: unnecessary.

I think everyone hates how the families of Romeo & Juliet act and I didn’t like Kate and Bram’s family all that much.

Overall: 4.5/5
Cover Comments: 4/5 I like this cover a lot. I think that the two people divided by the line (which is the title basically) represents the division of their family!


1 comment:

  1. this one sounds really intriguing! I may have to check it out for myself!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS