Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday {2}

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish!
This week:

Top Ten Books Every Teen Should Read (In no particular order) 

Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling: It such a rich and wonderful world full of magic and inspiration. Everyone needs imagination and this book is proof of what a person's imagination can do. This series isn't just for young kids but adults too. Plus, there are so many good lesson in this series, one of the being: always stand up for what you believe in.

13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher: It shows that even the littlest interactions you have with people can influence or change your life.

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee: One of the best coming of age stories out there. This is usually a school requirement but it's so good! Atticu Finch is such an amazing person. And he teaches Scout and everyone else a big lesson: People are people, not matter their skin color or size or religion.

Grimm's Fairy Tales: I love their fairy tales and I think more teens should read them. We see their stories in books and movies and play!

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen:
My favorite Austen to date! And do I need to explain this?

Looking for Alaska by John Green: It was sad, wonderful, heartbreaking, wonderful all at the same time. John Green tells such a mesmerizing story.

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson: Do I really need to say anything about this book? It's so powerful and sad and wonderful all at the same time. Laurie takes a sad and touchy topic and writes about it in a way that I, too, can understand what's happening. It gave teens the power to speak up.

The Giver by Lois Lowry: I read this while I was still in elementary school and it blew me away. It made me think of the world and society and the people in such a different way.

Any Sarah Dessen: Because this is what it's like to be a teen.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: Dystopia at it's finest. It'll make you think and wonder about the future.

As a side note, I've seen The Sky Is Everywhere on a lot of blogs. I started reading the book but I couldn't get into it so I stopped reading it. I might give it another try. And The The Absolute True Story of a Part Time Indian by Sherman Alexi is also been mentioned a lot! 

5 comments:

  1. It always seems to be the best teen books are the ones that make you think. Nice list. New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. We have a couple in common. I like that you added Sarah Dessen. I love her novels and I think they deal with a lot of common teen issues that people can relate to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our lists look surprisingly similar. I contemplated adding Harry Potter and decided against it since I really made my list for a required school reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read "Speak" but have seen it on so many lists that I'm buying it on Amazon come payday!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  5. +JMJ+

    To Kill a Mockingbird is also on many lists. I find this interesting because most people were required to read it in school, and it's one of the few "forced" books that everyone still seems to love.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS