Monday, July 18, 2011

Review: The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher

Title: The Water Wars
Author: Cameron Stracher
Release Date: January 1, 2011
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Source: Library
Seventeen-year-old Cameron Martin has a huge problem: he’s aging a whole year of his life with each passing day!

High school is hard enough; imagine rapidly aging from seventeen to seventy in a matter of weeks, with no logical explanation, and with prom, graduation, and the state championship basketball game all on the horizon. That’s what happens to Cameron, a popular pretty boy who's never had to face a day looking anything but perfect.

All Cameron wants to do is go back to normal, but no one, not even the best doctors, can diagnose his condition. When he finds love with a mysterious young woman, however, he realizes his only hope for survival might be with the one person who started his condition in the first place...
Review:This was once heck of a dystopian novel. I mean that in the best way possible. But, still, it was crazy. The idea that water is so valuable that people will kill for it? That’s what got me so interested in this book. Of course, the amazing cover didn’t hurt either!

I began reading this book not knowing what to expect. I wasn’t sure if it was going to be good or not but I wanted to give it a chance. And I’m glad I did. Though the story began off slowly, once Kai goes missing, this book is action packed until the very end. There were so many surprises and shocking incidents that I had no idea how this book was going to end!

I think one problem I had with this book was that it took a while to figure out whose POV we were seeing this story from. Once I learned who she was, it was better. Another problem was the fact that we never learn the exact age of our MC, I guessed that she had to be in high school at least. The problem? She didn’t always act and sound like a teen. It bugged me sometimes but everything else that was happening in the book made up for it.

Overall, I loved this book a lot. I read it in and day and afterwards, it thought about the world Cameron Stracher had created. Would something like this really happen in the future? I think it’s a very thought provoking book. It’s going to make your stomach twist reading about all the details about this world were water is so precious.



Overall: 5/5
Cover Comments: 5/5 The end of the eyes turning into water??? How cool is that???There's drips of water all over the words and the cover...It's so awesome!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS