Friday, July 22, 2011

Review: We’ll Always Have Summer (Summer #3) by Jenny Han

Title: We'll Always Have Summer
Series: Summer #3
Author: Jenny Han
Release Date: April 26, 2011
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Source: Library
It's been two years since Conrad told Belly to go with Jeremiah. She and Jeremiah have been inseparable ever since, even attending the same college-- only, their relationship hasn't exactly been the happily ever after Belly had hoped it would be. And when Jeremiah makes the worst mistake a boy can make, Belly is forced to question what she thought was true love. Does she really have a future with Jeremiah? Has she ever gotten over Conrad? It's time for Belly to decide, once and for all, who has her heart forever.
Review:I’ve loved this series since I read the first one, The Summer I Turned Pretty. It’s one of my favorite contemporary series out there today so I was eagerly anticipating We’ll Always Have Summer. I read this book in one day, it was that good. Personally, I think this one is my favorite out of the three.

The plot begins two years after the last book and Jeremiah and Belly have been dating. Conrad is doing his own thing, leaving Belly and Jeremiah alone. The death of Susannah still hurts them and they think about her often but they also try to move on with their lives. The plot get more complex as we learn that Jeremiah did something to Belly. I can’t believe he cheated. I liked Jeremiah a lot. I even thought he was good for her BUT I didn’t like this. This event was, in my opinion, necessary for the plot to move forward. It had to be done so that Belly could deiced once in for all, what she wanted. Once again, Han brings past and present together to give us an insight to what happened in the last two years and what Belly and Jeremiah’s relationship has been like.

She also gave (a lot) of Conrad’s feelings in the form of chapters told in his POV. I was super excited about this because I LOVE Conrad. I for one, have always been a Team Conrad (though I don’t like the name Conrad all that much.)I was surprised that most of this book focused on one even in Belly’s life but it was important. And it was going to happen.

The writing was just as good as the others. In this book, with the certain event, Han captured the feelings of loss, pain, hurt, anger, and betrayal (well, I dunno if you’d call it betrayal) so well. I could tell that Belly was hurt and that she wanted to do something about what happened.

The characters were wonderful and horrible at the same time. Jeremiah did what he did and he expected to be forgiven for what he did. I didn’t like him very much because of what he did EVEN THOUGH he told Belly he’d never hurt her. And Belly FORGAVE HIM. I wouldn’t be that easy on a guy who did that to me but in a way, I can see what was happening with Belly. Conrad was perfect and in this book, he showed his nature in the most perfect way. He’s a great guy with a big heart. He loved Belly and he’ll always be there for her, no matter what. And that is why I was SUPER happy about the ending. I knew it was going to happen. And it happened!

All I can say is, I loved this book so much! It was a perfect way to end this amazing series and I will be buying this book soon!

Overall: 5/5
Cover Comments: 4/5 I like this cover but I miss the boys. One the other two, Conrad and Jeremiah were on the covers and I think they should have been on here too. But I like that she's in a wedding dress and that it's on the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS