Thursday, August 04, 2011

Review: Exile (Aurelia #2) by Anne Osterlund

Title: Exile
Series: Aurelia #2
Author: Anne Osterlund
Release Date: April 28, 2011
Publisher: Speak
Source: Author (for Review)
Crown princess Aurelia is a survivor. She survived attempted assassination. She survived the king's rejection. She survived her mother's abandonment. And now, in exile, she must survive her kingdom-from hostile crowds to raw frontier to desert sands. But even as unknown assailants track Aurelia and expedition guide Robert, she knows her greatest risk is falling in love...
Review: I loved the first book, Aurelia, and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on Exile. I really wanted to know what would happen to Aurelia and Robert and everyone else. I was expecting to like Exile. I wasn’t sure how it was going to be no matter how excited I was about it. I got Exile. I read Exile. And I loved it more than Aurelia.

The plot was so awesome. It was full of action and danger and romance and history. The plot introduced an array of different people to show the diversity of Aurelia’s world and her kingdom. Many of them had meaning to the plot and helped the reader better some things about some topics (sorry for being so vague, you guys, but I’d spoil the book if I went out and said who they were.)

Not only that, but Aurelia, as a girl and a character grew up and developed. She wasn’t the same Aurelia as she was in the first book. Aurelia in Exile knew what she (really) wanted and what she had to do to get it. She knew that it wasn’t just about her anymore but about the safety of all the people in her country. She, to me, finally understood that it was more than just about her. And I loved that about her.

The romance. I liked her love interest in the first book and in this book, it just got better. It was steamier and more tension filled. And as you should know a) I love tension filled romance and b) it just makes romance more fun to read about, don’t you think?

Anyhoo, I loved this book and I sure as heck hope that Anne Osterlund continues Aurelia and Robert’s adventure. That ending left so much space to continue the story with another book.

Overall: 4.5/5
Cover Comments: 5/5 I love this cover! I like it better than Aurelia’s actually because you see Aurelia in this one. She’s got this fierce yet scared look on her face and the key she’s holding? It’s very important to the story line.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS