Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday {5}

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish!
This week: 
Top Ten Top Ten Underrated Books
1) Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken: I LOVED this book. I love Fantasy in general and this has to be one of the best fantasy books I’ve read in a few years. Sydelle and the world that Bracken created are so magical and descriptive and wonderful that I loved every bit of Brightly Woven. People don’t read this book enough!
2) I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder: With the release of her newest novel The Day Before, that book has been getting a lot of attention. But I Heart You, You Haunt Me was the first book I read of Lisa’s and I LOVED it.
 
3) Twisted and Prom and other books by Laurie Halse Anderson: For people who've read this blog, you know how much I love Laurie and her writing. Speak and Wintergirls are very important books BUT I don't think any of her other books get enough credit.

4) Fat Cat and Evolution, Me and other Freaks of Nature by Robin Brande: I haven't read Fat Cat yet but Evolution was such a great book that I was surprised at how many people actually read the book. It takes a controversial topic and puts it into a really realistic situation.

5) Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock: Another book that I enjoyed a lot MAINLY because of DJ, the protagonist. She's funny, snarky,and just plain awesome!

6) Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson: I've read this book like 3 times and I've loved it every time I've read it. First, who doesn't like road trips and second who doesn't like road trips with a hot boy? Very well written and heartwarming (some times heart wrenching), this is a book I wish a lot more people would love and appreciate.

7) Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan: People say that it’s going to be bad based on the movie that they’ve seen. Other people don’t read this series because...they just don't. Honestly people, this series is a GREAT SERIES. It's got great characters and it's super educational (Greek Myth, to me, at it's best) PLUS, who wouldn't want to be a half child of a Greek God??????
8)Study Series Maria V.Snyder: I love these books. They're super good fantasy novels with plenty of twists, turns, surprises, romances, and everything else to satisfy readers...so why don't people read these?
 
9)Fire and Graceling by Kristin Cashore:She's got to be one of my favorite authors ever! Her writing is super good with great characters, descriptions,and awesome plots. People should read these books more often!

 
10)Lurlene McDaniel Books:Okay, so I've read almost all of Lurlene's books and while some are mainly for Middle Grade, she's got some great Young Adult books out there. She deals with mental and physical issues (like cancer and death and suicide) and she's really good at it!

11 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to get around to Graceling and Fire!

    Check out my Top 10!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. I loved Fire and Graceling and I can't wait for Bitterblue. I also agree that Twisted is often looked over when thinking of Laurie Halse Anderson books. I really enjoyed that book and I liked it was from a male's POV. I haven't read Prom yet, but it's on my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Graceling and The Study series were amazing as well. Brightly Woven has been on my TBR list for a while but for some reason, I keep overlooking it. I'll have to remedy that. I'm not familiar with some of the others, I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So with you on LHA! I love Chains and Forge from her as well. Also agree on Percy - waiting impatiently for Son of Neptune!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Lisa Schroeder, that was my favourite of hers but I haven't read the newest yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your list! I would consider Lurlene McDaniel and Rick Riordan relatively popular authors in the book blogging world but I realized that not many people read them outside of us. Great choices.

    Here's my Top Ten: http://bit.ly/qqOf7F

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you on Graceling and Fire, people really need to read Cashore's books more often! I haven't heard of some of these, so thanks for putting them on my radar, Kailia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay Robin Brande!! I have 'Fat Cat' on my list as well.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the Rick Riordan books. That fellow can write!

    Here's my Top Ten post for this week: Top Ten Underappreciated Books
    And don't forget to stop in and sign up to win in the Readerbuzz August Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still haven't read Fire, but Graceling was amazing!

    I've seen Percy Jackson on a lot of lists, which makes me happy. This series is relatively popular among book bloggers and on tumblr/livejournal, but I know a lot of people in general tend to dismiss it as juvenile and/or bad. But they just don't know what they're missing out on! I'm super excited for Son of Neptune coming out this October.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes for Fat Cat. It was such a wonderful book. I also love the Dairy Queen books.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS