Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday {6}

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish!
This week: 

Top Ten Books I Read as a Child That Made Me a Reader:



  
1) The Giver Series by Lois Lowry: What the heck was dystopia? I didn’t know what it was back in the second grade when I began reading these books. They've stayed with me since then.

  
2) Judy Blume books: I loved all of these. They dealt with such strong and hard topics in the best way possible. 
3) Ramona and Beezus by Beverly Cleary: They were funny and awesome and I just loved everything about these characters, especially Ramona.

    
4) Caroline B. Cooney: The first book I read of her's was The Face on the Milk Carton which scared the heck out of me (I mean, wouldn't you be if you were ten and you read a book about a girl who was kidnapped?) but I really loved that series. I've read *almost* all of her books to date.  

5) Matilda by Roald Dahl: I LOVED this girl. Not only did she love to read but she was such a great character. AND she had magic powers.Believe me, there was nothing cooler to an 8 year old!

  
6) Dr. Seuss: my absolute childhood favorite. I used to get all of his books that I could find. They were funny and easy to read and had great pictures. That first grader in me LOVED them. And actually, I still do.

7) The Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne: Not only have I always loved history but time traveling was awesome too. This series introduced me to so many different times in history and people. They were fun, easy to read, and just really good books. Heck, I still read these books.

8)Uglies Series by Scott Westerfeld: Another dystopian with a sci-fi twist. I loved Scott's world and characters and really, the world kind of scared me. 

 
9) Nancy Drew Books: She was a detective at such a young age. I was in the second grade when I discovered her books (THANK YOU to my awesome teacher) and all I wanted to be when I grew up was a detective.

10) Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling: Seriously, people? Harry Potter was my childhood.

What about you? What was your Freebie? 

8 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful list! I've read many of these too. My first favorite author was Judy Blume and I just devoured her books. Love the Ramona books too and Nancy Drew. I still want to read the Giver series.
    You were so lucky to have all these great books growing up! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was doing that list, The Giver would also be on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally forgot about the Face on the Milk Carton series!!! I lovedd them! Of course Harry Potter (which totally makes me feel old that I read them when I was a little kid!), Matilda, Dr. Seuss, and The Giver allll made me love reading too! Great list! Happy Tuesday!

    Check out Sash's Top Ten Guys Who Didn't Get The Girl!
    Also check out our GREAT giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *loved* the Judy Blume and Beverly Cleary books when I was a kid! I lived in Portland, OR, for a few years (where Beverly Cleary is from) and it's fun to see some of the names that made it into her book (Quimby and Klickitat are both streets!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I loved the Magic Tree House books as a kid too! I read The Face on the Milk Carton too, and I just had to read as many of her books as I could get my hands on. I especially loved Code Orange ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list!! Tho some of these books probably came out when I was older than "a child".. hehe.. I read a lot of Babysitter's Club, Sweet Valley High, RL Stine Fear Street.. hehe.. brings back memories.. love this topic you've chosen :)

    Here's my Top 10!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVED Nancy Drew. In the 6th grade, I used to read at least 2 every single night. It was crazy - I was adicted lol. I love so many other's on the list too like Harry Potter :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally forgot about Nancy Drew books...I used to love those! ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS