Wednesday, September 14, 2011

BBAW 2011 Post #3: Community Part II

The world of book blogging has grown enormously and sometimes it can be hard to find a place. Share your tips for finding and keeping community in book blogging despite the hectic demands made on your time and the overwhelming number of blogs out there. If you’re struggling with finding a community, share your concerns and explain what you’re looking for–this is the week to connect!
I have to agree immensely with "book blogging has grown enormously" because when I began blogging in 2009, there were not *to my knowledge* this many book blogs out there!

Commenting: It can be hard to find the time to comment BUT you should! It's a great way to meet new bloggers, find good books to read and really become a bigger part of the community. I will say it now: the whole "Hey, I'm a new follower of your blog! Follow me back!" should not be used ALL THE TIME.It irks me, really, and it's really not professional. 

Twitter: I think by now everyone knows that Twitter is REALLY huge in the book blogging community. I personally don't get time to get on every single day but when I do, I talk to people and learn new bookish things!

Memes and Features: I think that participating in a few memes weekly (or monthly) is awesome but don't just make you entire blog about memes and features. It's another great way to meet new bloggers and find new blogs to follow!

2 comments:

  1. Great tips. I just can't seem to get the hang of twitter. I keep trying though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely trying to get more comfortable with Twitter, which I'll admit I find a bit overwhelming. There's so much going on! But it does seem like a great community meeting place. And I am totally with you on the comment thing. I hate that generic, traffic-seeking sort of comment!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS