Tuesday, September 13, 2011

BBAW 2011 Post #2: Interview Swap

Interviews with fellow book bloggers!
I interviewed Colleen of CiCi's Theories 


1) Hi Cici! Welcome to the blog! Would you like to tell us a little about you and your blog? 
Thanks for having me! It is always great to meet new bloggers! Thanks for hosting the opportunity to introduce my blog. I started my blog quite a while a go. It was initially a place for me to just post things my kids said, my political opinion, a few of my rants and a some of the ups and downs of marriage. I wanted it to be my soap box if you will. I had no idea what I was doing and really just put stuff out there. I then started to get into tweeting a little and that is what changed my direction. I began to just follow people who interested me. Celebrities, writers, local news, etc. I eventually came across some random blogs, mainly by #ff. I started poking around some blogs and began to follow who some of these bloggers and authors followed. I really enjoyed reading their blogs and interacting with various people and decided to shift the direction of my blog and started posting my thoughts on books. I have had the book blog up and running since January and have enjoyed doing it. I have focused mainly on Young Adult, but throw a few different genres in there on occasion. I have recently decided that I want to start a second site focusing on romance and a third site focusing on current events/opinion. 

2) What do you think are the best and worst parts about blogging? 
I think the best part of blogging is the people. I have really loved meeting so many new and interesting people, from all over the blogosphere! I can honestly say that I have made some great friends via blogging and wouldn't change that for anything. I also think that the exposure to genres I normally wouldn't have ventured in to has been a wonderful thing about blogging. The worst part? That would have to be trying to get it all done. There have been a few times that I have had to put blogging on the back burner in order to take care of my first priority, my family. There have been a few times that I have felt a little guilty because I haven't posted as much as I had anticipated. I chalk some of that up to my inexperience and lack of planning and foresight. I hope that as time goes on, I will be able to get more organized and efficient at blogging.  


3) If you could give one piece of advice would you give a new blogger? 
If I could give one piece of advice to a new blogger I would tell them to enjoy it. When you don't enjoy it, it becomes a chore and it will not reveal your true self. Remaining true to who you are and how the books become to you is very important. 

Thanks Colleen! 

Check out her blog, CiCi's Theories!

2 comments:

  1. Nice interview! I'm familiar with Colleen's blog but didn't know much about her. It was fun to learn a bit.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS