Saturday, September 10, 2011

September 11


It's been 10 years. A decade. 
My thoughts are with friends and the people in New York City. 

I remember being in the first grade and all the teachers were in a mad frenzy, running around, trying to figure out what was going on. I didn't know about the attack until I got home and watched the news. They played and re-played the towers falling. Over and over again. 

I remember crying because I was scared. So, so scared. The news people said it was an attack and many other things. 

I cried when I read Meg Cabot's post about that day for the first time. I've read it every year since then.

1 comment:

  1. That picture takes my breath away. I can only imagine what it was like for you - so young when it happened. (You were a baby! LOL) It's so hard to believe it's been 10 years. In many ways, it still feels like it was MUCH more recent.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS