Monday, September 12, 2011

BBAW 2011 Post #1: Community

 
While the awards are a fun part of BBAW, they can never accurately represent the depth and breadth of diversity in the book blogging community. Today you are encouraged to highlight a couple of bloggers that have made book blogging a unique experience for you. They can be your mentors, a blogger that encouraged you to try a different kind of book, opened your eyes to a new issue, made you laugh when you needed it, or left the first comment you ever got on your blog. Stay positive and give back to the people who make the community work for you!
People who know me in real life will tell you that I'm  quiet and shy, which I am but not when it comes to my friends. With them, I'm the crazy, hyper, always talking, always smiling girl, or the real me. I found that I could be that real girl in this blogging community too! These people mentioned blow, and many other not on this list, showed me and continue to do so that the best person to be in this world is...yourself. I've begun to break out of my shell. I talk to people randomly. I comment like crazy. I comment on vlogs like crazy. I tweet people. These things, I wouldn't have done so as much.

I can honestly say that I wouldn't be the same person I am today if it hadn't been for all of these awesome people (and more of course)!

Reading Vacation: Melina is so young but her blog is one of my favorites. I love her honesty and short and to the point book reviews. Just the fact that she’s so young and can write reviews the way she does, I just love her blog!

Novel Thoughts: There’s just something about this blog and the reviews they post. They’re thoughtful, funny, and just plain awesome.

I Eat Words: Farrah and Britney are two very incredible girls because not only do they write good reviews but they put a lot of thought in to each review. They’ve convinced me to read books that have been sitting on my TBR pile for YEARS. YEARS! And they’re so sweet and funny too!

IB Book Blogging: I loved reading this blog from the very beginning but I didn’t talk to Bailey all that much. Her reviews are honest and energetic and just a lot of fun to read. I think what I liked the most about her reviews is that I really get how she felt about the book and that’s super awesome! From the times that I’ve talked to her on Twitter and the comments on the blog, she’s such a sweet and awesome girl!

I swim for oceans: It’s been a blog that I read from time to time back in but as I read more and more of Melissa’s reviews and I just fell in love with her blog.

Katie’s Book Blog: I found this blog through other blogs and I didn’t read it all that much at first but I wanted to see if Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver was worth reading. I found her review and after reading it, I knew I had to read this book! Since then, I’ve read her reviews and have picked up a lot of them based on her reviews.

Lauren’s Crammed Bookshelf: One of the first blogs I began reading, Lauren is such a nice person! She’s got long, very detailed reviews that don’t spoil the book for me but give me a good overview of it.

365 Days of Reading: Not only does Lauren have awesome, really well written reviews, she’s just a really awesome person. I love watching her vlogs and interview posts.

Good Books and Good Wine: I’m the kind of person who talks my mind, always sharing my opinion. When I read April's review, I was sooo happy. She shared her thoughts and opinions openly but she also let others have their opinions and respects them.

La Femme Readers: The second blog I found and I was so inspired by Eleni. She is super sweet and has great reviews and I can always count on her to help me!

Steph of Steph Su Reads: Steph is one of the best people I know in this community. She has great discussion posts and really gets people involved in what she says. She respects people's opinions but lets her thoughts out there, plain and simple.

The Story Siren: One of the three blogs I ever began reading (after the initial blog I found), I’ve read her blog EVERY SINGLE DAY. I will admit, I didn't begin blogging because of this blog but I constantly get inspired by Kristi and her awesomeness. She's really nice and has great reviews and she's the mastermind behind In My Mailbox and The Debut Author Challenge!

There are so many other blogs that I could have easily listed but as you can see, the list is long!

5 comments:

  1. A lot of these blogs are new-to-me so I'm itching to run off and check them out. Thanks for the suggestions! My list of influential bloggers, if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, I was excited to know I follow several on your list. Great taste in blogs I see. :-)

    Going to check out some of the new ones.

    Nice blog, hope to stay connected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thank you, Kailia! You're awesome, and your comment was very sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many blogs, so little time!

    Hi, I am stopping by from the Philippines to visit your blog via the list of posts for Day one

    Please Stop by My Blog if you Like

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got a great list here, most of which I'm unfamiliar with . thanks for the intro

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS