Monday, November 21, 2011

Review: Last Sacrifice (VA #6) by Richelle Mead

Title: Last Sacrifice
Series: Vampire Academy #6
Author: Richelle Mead
Release Date: December 7, 2010
Publisher: Penguin USA
Source: Bought

It all comes down to now.

Murder. Love. Jealousy. And the ultimate sacrifice.

The Queen is dead and the Moroi world will never be the same. Now, with Rose awaiting wrongful execution and Lissa in a deadly struggle for the royal throne, the girls find themselves forced to rely upon enemies and to question those they thought they could trust...

But what if true freedom means sacrificing the most important thing of all?

Each other.
Review:Though I read this series quiet late and after many of my friends had, I decided to read it...and I fell in love with the first book. And I read the next four books, expecting awesome, amazing, fantastic books and that's what I got. And then this book came out.

It broke my heart to read this. I read this book in about a week, savoring every last moment with Rose and Dimitri and Lissa and Christian and Adrian. Sure I could go back and read the rest of the books BUT it would never be like read them for the first time.

The Plot: OH.MY.GOD. There were so many twists and turns and surprises that I was literally at the edge of my seat THE ENTIRE TIME I READ THIS. So many things happened that I wasn't expecting and I knew that Richelle Mead would tell one heck of a story and did she ever. So many things were explained. So, so many revelations and it's so freaking awesome!

The Characters: I love Rose so much! She's back to all her glory but for the...well, I dunno, third? fourth? time we see the sensitive side of Rose. The side where she is not only kick ass awesome but vulnerable also. Lissa is so much stronger than I ever gave her credit for. She’s so freaking awesome in this book and the way she takes her place in society was just so great. I’m glad things worked out for her. Dimitri and Adrian and the other boys that I’ve grown to love were also back and even though things worked out for one of the main guys, man did I feel for the other one. You know the one who had his heart broken? The other supporting new and old characters are back and some play a much bigger role than ever and other add to the suspense and the intrigue and answer a lot of our burning questions.

Overall, I loved this book. So, so, so much. I actually teared up when I closed this book. I really, really need to get Bloodlines so I can continue my adventure in this world. Please don’t be put off by the fact that there are vampires in this book. Believe me, I feel ya BUT this is one of my all time favorite series and there is so much more going on in these books than vampires. In a way, it’s like the vampires actually take a back seat in this series! It’s a must read for all of you who like a good, fulfilling read.

Overall: 5/5
Cover Comments: 5/5—Love how they continued the whole faces on the covers. I think that this model actually conveys what is going on really well. She's got something in her eyes that reminds me of Rose.

1 comment:

  1. Wasn't this such an amazing end to the series?!?! I totally loved this book. And I definitely agree with you about Lissa getting so much stronger. I really need to read Bloodlines now! Great review!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS