Saturday, December 03, 2011

Review: Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

Title: Catching Jordan 
Author: Miranda Kenneally 
Release Date: December 1, 2011
Publisher: Sourcebook Fire
Source: NetGalley

What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though - she leads them as the captain and quarterback on her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starring position on the team... and has her suddenly wishing to be seen as more than just a teammate.
Review:I’ve read a lot of rave reviews of this book. A LOT of them. So many, that I was actually scared to read this book. I would have been so upset if this book didn’t live up to all that hype! I’m happy to report that I enjoyed this book a lot!

Let’s start with the characters. I loved Jordan. So much! First of all, she’s such a different teenage girl! While most girls are worried about their make up or the latest gossip or boyfriends, Jordan is focused on playing football and getting into a good school for football. Jordan doesn’t know how to handle liking a guy and dating along with sports and I thought that it was so brutally honest. I could tell you most of the things she talks about and mentions are things going on at my school. Sure I’ve never played football but I could understand what she was going through!

Jordan's dad was really annoying and to me, he was mean. I can understand that he worries for his daughter yes, but maybe some support would be good! It did change near the end and I was happy about that! JJ, Carter and Henry and the rest of the guys on the team love Jordan so much! I have to say that while I liked Ty a lot, Henry was the right pick!

I loved Miranda's writing style and I think this is what captured Jordan's character so well! I got a sense of Jordan's anger towards her dad and her confusion with her relationship with Henry and Ty. I would have loved more descriptions and just more! I think the feelings could have been more focused on without being overbearing.

Overall, this was a very enjoyable book to read! While this book is a lot more about relationships and realizing that sometimes there's more to life than meets the eye, football does play a huge role it in! I can’t wait to read more from Miranda!



Overall: 4/5
Cover Comments: 5/5—It's actually a really good cover! It's got the field, the guy and the girl holding hands. In a cover like this, you expect the guy to have the helmet, but it's the girl who's holding it!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this book for and how it dealt with relationships too. It's soooo GOOD!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS