Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday {21}

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish!
This week: 

Top Ten Childhood Favorites:

1) The Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling: No comments.

2) The Nancy Drew Series: Began my love for mysteries!

3) The Boxcar Children Series: As said in #2, I loved mysteries and I needed more and more. So when I found these books, I had to read them!

4) The Dear America Series: I am a history nerd. So much so that after I read my first Dear America at the age of 8, I’ve wanted to study History when I was older. Even today, I plan on having history as my minor in college. Does that tell you anything?

5) Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls: I LOVE THIS BOOK! I cried like a baby when I first read this book. It’s so sad and heartwarming all at once!

6) Charlotte's Web by E.B. White: Guys, come on now!

7) Roald Dahl: Matlida. James and the Giant Peach.Need I say more?

8) Dr. Seuss: I have read.EVERY.SINGLE.ONE.OF.HIS.BOOKS. Quirky, funny, weird, and such a great way to actually learn to read!

9) Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo: My brother recently got this book from the library and I remembered when I first read it and how much I loved it!

10) The Giver Trilogy by Lois Lowery: LOVED these books. My very first introduction to the dystopian genera at the age of…seven…or six…one of those.

Yes, I did read A LOT ever since I was six years old. Yes, I did read Big Kids Books when the Big Kids didn't think I could read chapter books!

1 comment:

  1. Great list! I had a lot of these on my list too.

    I was working at a bookstore when Harry Potter first came out. What a magical time that was. It really changed the whole world of publishing!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS