Monday, January 02, 2012

Review: Rules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry #2) by Simone Elkeles

Title: Rules of Attraction
Series: Perfect Chemistry #2
Author: Simone Elkeles 
Release Date: April 27, 2010
Publisher: Walker & Company 
Source: Library

When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for a year, he doesn’t want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him at a high school in Colorado . Carlos likes living his life on the edge and wants to carve his own path—just like Alex did. Then he meets Kiara Westford. She doesn’t talk much and is completely intimidated by Carlos’ wild ways. As they get to know one another, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she’s too good for him, and refuses to admit that she might be getting to him. But he soon realizes that being himself is exactly what Kiara needs right now.
Review: It’s no secret that I loved Perfect Chemistry and it was because of that reason that I was worried about how Simone Elkeles was going to pull off yet another book that dealt with drugs, gangs and of course, a Fluentes brother. The thing was, Simone could have easily taken the plot for Perfect Chemistry but replaced Alex with Carols. Luckily, Simone Elkeles managed to write a sexy, fun, and quick that stood out on itself.

One of my favorites aspect of this book was Kiara and Carlos. They were so different. While Alex was the flirtatious, I’m-a-bad-boy-but-I’m-also-avery-sweet-guy personality, Carlos is a legit bad boy. He doesn’t care for the rules and brakes as many as possible. But like most bad boys, Carlos does have heart and is actually a softy in the inside. His story was different from Alex’s and I’m happy to say that he stood out

Kiara was nothing like Brittany and I loved it! I think it was the fact that Kiara was so realistic. Yeah, there are people like Brittany around (fake persona and all) but I found myself more realting to Kiara, who’s the good girl and doesn’t really know how to act when a bad boy enters her life and turns it all around. She was funny, awkward and really realistic.

Of course the romance and the writing were back once again and I loved it! Simone Elkeles knows how to write angst and a blossoming romance with two people completely different, both of whom are trying to deny the attraction.

Lots of fun to read, Rules of Attraction was a sexy, fun read. While I did prefer Perfect Chemistry, Rules of Attraction was more relatable. I absolutely love Simone Elkeles’ writing and I can’t wait to read Chain Reactions.



Overall: 4.5/5
Cover Comments: 3/5—Oh, these covers! I really, really would not like to be seen by other people with that cover. Book was great...the cover, not so much!

2 comments:

  1. I LOOOOOVE the PC series. It's my favorite & Perfect Chemistry is my favorite book ever<3 while like you, I preferred PC over RoA, Elkeles still did an amazing job with this book, the characters & romance. Isn't she an awesome writer?!

    Racquel @ The Book Barbies
    -thank you&come again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Racquel (A Book Barbie) Yes, I totally agree! She can get a teens mind sooo perfectly right!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS